Softball

I'm of the opinion that the ESPN talking heads won't know what to do tonight when OU plays Michigan. There's not an SEC team there for them to glorify.

Not expecting that from LSU but I haven't followed them so don't know about their pitching nor offense.

Despite having the 3-0 lead, I am uneasy. Parker has been getting behind in the count too much, her control isn't what it usually is.

4-0 with Romero's solo shot, hope that Paige regains her usual pin-point control!

Last edited:
Maybe she has found her control. First pitch strike on all hitters except Romero and they have thrown nothing not high and away from Sierra.

Michigan pitcher is setting our girls down 123, we need to regain what we had in the early innings. Don't know if Paige can go 3 more innings without giving up a score, a 1 run lead is too close for comfort...

Great double play to end the 6th inning! Now just 3 more Michigan outs... Let's get Paige a little more insurance!

Michigan pitcher's turn to have control problems!! Just walked in a run, still bases loaded 1 out. Base hit here to plate a couple more, Sooners!

I'm glad that is over. Paige was tiring badly. I hope she has something left for Auburn tomorrow.

Freshmen come up big. Self and Pendley are the only non-freshmen to have an rbi. Does Miller have a hit in the series?

We won't play Auburn, we will play the winner of LSU and Georgia

Good win. Parker may have a problem being sharp tomorrow after two very tough games.

I wish they had not put that little box up there. I had no idea the calls are that far off. The umpires in this series are as bad as womens basketball officials. Actually I think we got the best of the calls overall. That one called strike on the Michigan had to be 8-10 inches outside. The Michigan coach just shook her head.

Errors will kill ya. Those two unearned runs of ours were the difference in the game. Michigan out hit us 12-7, but our defense was stellar as usual.

Good win. Parker may have a problem being sharp tomorrow after two very tough games.

I wish they had not put that little box up there. I had no idea the calls are that far off. The umpires in this series are as bad as womens basketball officials. Actually I think we got the best of the calls overall. That one called strike on the Michigan had to be 8-10 inches outside. The Michigan coach just shook her head.

Last night I found myself actually agreeing with Alabama's Coach on the strike zone. It was horrible

You're right. It is LSU or Georgia. If Paige is too tired, it makes me wonder if we should throw Stevens, Chestnut, or Finney since they would have to beat us twice. Give Paige a day off.

If you consider that Paige had zero control of her rise ball which accounts for most of her strikeout and pop-ups (normally75% of her outs) she was a warrior against the #3 BA, #2 scoring and #3 HR team in the country in Michigan. Had she had her normal rise ball we probably win easily. But is what it is 29 wins in row.

Last edited:
Man, I didn't realize that the WCWS tounament was such a nonstop affair! Tomorrow will be the third consecutive day that we play, and if we win, we go directly into a best of 3 series with the opposite bracket winner. Without Paige, I am not sure that we can win at this level, since Stevens or Finley just do not stack up with Paige.
We just do not have any real quality depth at pitcher this year...

Man, I didn't realize that the WCWS tounament was such a nonstop affair! Tomorrow will be the third consecutive day that we play, and if we win, we go directly into a best of 3 series with the opposite bracket winner. Without Paige, I am not sure that we can win at this level, since Stevens or Finley just do not stack up with Paige.
We just do not have any real quality depth at pitcher this year...

Today was supposed to be our day off, but the rain delay thursday pushed everything back for us

Also loser's bracket winner now gets three days to play four games while prior to the rain out the four games were played over two days with no days off.

Back