Softball

Abbott won again, 1-0, on three errors in a row by the Pride that scored the only run. Shelby hit the ball off the wall for a double in the second, the only hard hit ball for the Pride all night. They just can't hit Abbott. I think Abbott has beaten them five times this year, all scoreless. So, The Chicago Bandits are the champions. Shelby was Rookie of the Year and Second Baseman of the Year. If the Pride are smart, she'll be the shortstop of the year next year. Both games were lost on errors by Shipman.

So. Dionnah Jackson and Keilani Ricketts can start an OU fan club at Mississippi State?

Keilani needs another coach. I wasn't impressed by her pro coach this year.

It's gonna be a whole 'nother world this fall without Chamberlin, Pendley, Vest, Casey, and Parsons. Because Gasso is the best recruiter of all OU coaches and one of the best period, I expect that OU will win the Big XII conference again next year. Who will challenge? Baylor? Texass? Kansas? Our pitching will improve, power will be less, Patti will insist that the defense maintains excellence and I expect the lineup will be formidable top to bottom with hitters even if the power isnt there.
It's going to be strange without our softball heros.

Last edited:
It's gonna be a whole 'nother world this fall without Chamberlin, Pendley, Vest, Casey, and Parsons. Because Gasso is the best recruiter of all OU coaches and one of the best period, I expect that OU will win the Big XII conference again next year. Who will challenge? Baylor? Texass? Kansas? Our pitching will improve, power will be less, Patti will insist that the defense maintains excellence and I expect the lineup will be formidable top to bottom with hitters even if the power isnt there.
It's going to be strange without our softball heros.
I think Speedy follows this more closely than I, possibly Austin TX Sooner as well. But, I would not be surprised to see OU actually be better this year. At times, we seemed to rely too much on Lauren and Shelby.

RF Erin is back
CF Nicole is back
LF Kady is back
SS Look for Knighten
3B Arnold is too good not to play on defense. Wodach on offense? Arnold does have some power.
2B Look for Romero
1B Sherri has said that Lundberg will be our power hitter.
C Ellis
P Paige
P Finney
P Chestnut
This leaves out a very talented outfielder with speed and power, Fale Aviu. It would not surprise me to see her start somewhere.

We drop off from 23-25 home runs at SS and 1B to having about eight players that may well hit 12-15.

I don't see Stevens beating out Parker or Finney. I think we go with two. We don't know how good Chestnut is.

With Knighten and Romero, we may be better on defense than we were this year. Knighten is supposedly a very good SS.

We saw power from Miller, Self, and, at times, Paige and Nicole. I suspect that Knighten and Romero will contribute 25 home runs between them and a lot more doubles. Finney is a power hitting sensation who might be a DP when not pitching.

I see more distribution of power, but not one person who will hit thirty. But, we will probably have more people who can contribute to starting a rally than we had this year. We could put eight hitters on the field who could hit lower level pitching. I'm not so sure that we can't put six or more on the field who can hit the best pitching in the game this year. I like how this team looks, assuming that the reports on the freshmen are valid.

I think Speedy follows this more closely than I, possibly Austin TX Sooner as well. But, I would not be surprised to see OU actually be better this year. At times, we seemed to rely too much on Lauren and Shelby.

RF Erin is back
CF Nicole is back
LF Kady is back
SS Look for Knighten
3B Arnold is too good not to play on defense. Wodach on offense? Arnold does have some power.
2B Look for Romero
1B Sherri has said that Lundberg will be our power hitter.
C Ellis
P Paige
P Finney
P Chestnut
This leaves out a very talented outfielder with speed and power, Fale Aviu. It would not surprise me to see her start somewhere.

We drop off from 23-25 home runs at SS and 1B to having about eight players that may well hit 12-15.

I don't see Stevens beating out Parker or Finney. I think we go with two. We don't know how good Chestnut is.

With Knighten and Romero, we may be better on defense than we were this year. Knighten is supposedly a very good SS.

We saw power from Miller, Self, and, at times, Paige and Nicole. I suspect that Knighten and Romero will contribute 25 home runs between them and a lot more doubles. Finney is a power hitting sensation who might be a DP when not pitching.

I see more distribution of power, but not one person who will hit thirty. But, we will probably have more people who can contribute to starting a rally than we had this year. We could put eight hitters on the field who could hit lower level pitching. I'm not so sure that we can't put six or more on the field who can hit the best pitching in the game this year. I like how this team looks, assuming that the reports on the freshmen are valid.

Sorry that I haven't been to the site recently. Dog days of Summer have been going.

RF - Erin
CF - Nicole
LF - Kady

Fale Aviu will be the fourth OF and can play any spot.

C - Ellis with Wodach as backup
1B - Lundberg
2B/SS Romero - Knighten - this could go either way but I favor Romero at SS - she was the SS for USA Junior National Team
3B - Arnold - however - don't sleep on Caleigh Clifton. Arnold will have to hit to keep the position. This could be the DP position. Finney and Parker can both hit with power.

#1 P Parker
#2 Finney
#3 Chestnut
#4 Stevens

This team can really hit the ball with speed to burn. I think the team will be much better this coming season. Why you ask? Pitching - there are two aces on this team in Parker and Finney. In 2014, pitching was smoke and mirrors with Kelsey Stevens stepping up. In 2015, OU had an ace in Parker but no one else. In 2016, OU has a pitching staff. Good pitching almost always beats good hitting. It will be interesting with J. T. as the hitting coach to see how it goes. I doubt the home run will be the main thing in the future.

It's alive!!! That is the guy I emailed about some softball coverage. I doubt my e-mail produced this result, but at least they know there is interest in the softball team.

You never know. I have almost always had some sort of response when I emailed someone in any sports office. Coaches are a different matter. I think Sherri emailed me twice, and Kelvin emailed me twice.

Soonereagle posted this on another site.

http://www.flosoftball.com/article/33377-watch-episode-1-of-riseball-brooke-vestal

Brooke Vestal is from Corpus Christi which is my favorite city in Texas by far. When my children were young, we went to a condo on Padre or Mustang on every four-day weekend. Of course, there are also a few other people of note from Corpus that I like, such as Farrah Fawcett, Eva Longoria, and my favorite Toyota who has serviced my cars for the past twenty years.

That is a terrific article. She is going to be a winner.

Back