Softball

Been trying to figure out the schedule. We have some real top notch games this year. I don't think Patti is going to let strength of schedule hit us again. We have Washington, UCLA, Michigan, Fresno, Bama, Nebraska, and a late April trip to Tennessee for a tournament.

Where did you find the schedule? All I see on Sooner Sports is the fall schedule. Help, please, pretty please?

It is interesting how many athletes we signed in different sports from various schools in Cypress, TX.

That was a stunner of an article. Kady Self to 1B, Kelsey Arnold to SS and Sydney Romero to 3B. I would have never guessed that one. I guess Fale Aviu will be in LF.

That was a ringing endorsement of the fielding prowess of Kelsey Arnold. You have the best player in the country coming in that plays shortstop and move Arnold to short?

That was a ringing endorsement of the fielding prowess of Kelsey Arnold. You have the best player in the country coming in that plays shortstop and move Arnold to short?

Make no mistake - anybody who closely watched OU softball last year, knows that Kelsey Arnold was out of this world at 3B. The question about Kelsey has never been about fielding but rather hitting, however, you are also talking about a girl coming in that was SS on the USA Junior National team coming in (Syd Romero). Syb and I were debating who would play short, I thought Romero (and she did in the fall) and Syb thought Knighten. So it is no surprise that we are both stunned.

Kady did not play at all in the Fall. I never felt she was totally recovered in the field last year with her knee. However, her bat was vital to the team and will be even more vital this year. It looks like it is going to take a while for Lundburg to develop. It was Paris Townsend at 1B.

Fale Aviu can really hit so it was going to be tough keeper her out of the lineup. Same goes for Lea Wodach.

One thing for sure though, I trust in Patti. It was not normal to move Lauren to lead off in the 2013 either but it worked.

I guess the biggest question have this year is still J. T. Gasso at hitting coach.

Back