Something for Austin Johnson fans

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
I realize this article was written in November, but thought AJ fans might like to know how well he is doing playing in the Swiss Pro League. As you will see, the Swiss writer has a different style than we're accustomed to. lol

Be sure to check out the link at the bottom for more pics and info about a former Sooner.

http://pambasketball.wordpress.com/...league-10-games-is-one-of-the-top-performers/

Former Oklahoma University star point guard, at his first season as a professional basketball player overseas, is showing is strong potential as the leading point guard for BBC Nyon, a Top Club of the Swiss Pro League (http://www.lnba.ch). After the first round (10 games played) Johnson has managed to average so far very good numbers: 32.9 mpg, 17.5 ppg, 5.3 apg, 3.8 rpg, 2 spg and 4.9 fouls attempted. Johnson ranks top ten in five different categories: 7th in points per game scored, 7th in 3pt % with 52.2 pct (26/50), 4th in assists per game, 2nd in fouls attempted and 6th in total evaluation with a 19.3 point average per game. Austin Johnson was impressive in game 1 of the season on October 3rd as he scored 25 points and dished out 7 assists with a perfect shooting performance. 9/9 field goals of which 7 were three pointers.

To learn more about Austin Johnson go to: http://www.austinjohnson.basketball.pamgroup.org

I miss AJ. He was a steadying hand at times, and his defense up top was VERY under appreciated. His length gave him a huge advantage on defense.

Good kid. One of my favorite Sooners. Probably my second favorite Kelvin/Capel era pg after Q White.

I miss AJ. He was a steadying hand at times, and his defense up top was VERY under appreciated. His length gave him a huge advantage on defense.

Good kid. One of my favorite Sooners. Probably my second favorite Kelvin/Capel era pg after Q White.

It seemed like he had a wing span of a player who is 5 inches taller....even with the injuries he ended up being a very nice player for OU.

It seemed like he had a wing span of a player who is 5 inches taller....even with the injuries he ended up being a very nice player for OU.

I've never seen a guard, a true guard, block more shots. Unreal.

I wouldn't mind having the Swiss Austin Johnson

I felt so bad for him and his injuries. Good to know he is doing well, thanks Ada!

It is really too bad he had so many injuries at OU. I think he could have had a much better career if he had been healthy.

I've never seen a guard, a true guard, block more shots. Unreal.

What was most impressive IMO was how many shots he blocked face to face. Most guards who block shots are quick leapers from the back side (like D-Wade and John Wall), but AJ's freaky long arms allowed him to block straight up jumpers.

What was most impressive IMO was how many shots he blocked face to face. Most guards who block shots are quick leapers from the back side (like D-Wade and John Wall), but AJ's freaky long arms allowed him to block straight up jumpers.
Yep he was very unique in that regard, anybody else remember that block to ice the Gonzaga game in the All College?

Back