Speculation on players leaving.

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
I hate to do it, and it's not right to do it, but seeing that OU is not going to make the tourney, and that we have to look for next year, why are Allen and Hardrick not even leaving the bench? As bad as we've Been, you'd think Hardrick would have gotten atleast a few minutes. Not even one.

We've been told that Allen isn't leaving. I'd like to hear the story behind his PT this year, but I'll take certain posters' words on it at this point. Also not sure how you ask Hardrick to leave this early in his career, and being a local kid. Capel may just have to eat that one for the time being. I think Willis has the biggest chance to go. He might be able to get some PT at a smaller school. Not many other options. I'm on record as saying I really wouldn't mind Willie and Tiny moving on, but alot of that is dependent on who we'd bring in to replace them. Simply losing them and not getting crap back probably doesn't help much either.

This offseason may be one of the most important in the last 25+ years at OU.

Coaching? I do not know the answer but the Coaching of this Program seems to be going in the wrong direction. Bad recruiting and no outlook? I thought earlier in the year that Coach Capel deserved a break - let's remember this Program was left in bad shape just 3-4 seasons ago. Recruits leaving and the former coach making bad phone calls. Now I am not sure that Coach Capel is not in over his head and has no direction himself? I like Coach Capel as a person and he seems loyal in his convictions, but this level of basketball may be too much? I do not know, but it is hard to imagine anything else. Go Sooners!

1) Hardrick needs to find a nice little Division 2 team to play for

2) I question if Tiny will be back

3) Willis should leave

4) I have no idea what Allen is going to do

Give Big O some playing time. My Gosh whats it gonna hurt at this point?

It almost seems like a given at this point. Gallon is suspended, WW is out for an extended period of time (if not the season). That leaves Crocker, TMG, Davis, Pledger, Fitzgerald and Willis.

Capel called Willis weak physically and mentally so it appears he has 6 guys he can count on plus Willis and Allen. It seems to me Allen has to get 10 minutes a game. That means Fitzgerald plays 30. Willis almost has to play 20 minutes per game. That leaves TMG, Crocker, Davis and Pledger averaging 35 minutes a game.

Anyone know how to beat OU in basketball? If you don't I will tell you. Force the ball into the paint on offense with passes and dribble penetration. That will put Fitzgerald in foul trouble and then OU is screwed. If I were a coach I would be upset with guys taking early shot clock threes give the depth situation at OU. I suspect every coach in the conference will be able to recognize this.

Honestly, without Gallon and WW, I am not sure OU can win another game. Nothing would suggest OU can win on the road at CU let alone Texas and Kansas, this team just can't compete away from Norman. Baylor, A&M and KSU are simply better basketball teams.

I hope I am wrong but I fear OU could lose its next 7 games. (if Gallon can play things change a lot).

Big O did get some playing time Saturday, and he didn't exactly look great. I doubt Big O or Hardrick are going anywhere, but Willis needs to find someplace else to play.

Agree that we could lose all the rest...unfathomable as it is.
The Tech game was, on paper the easiest game we had left all season.

I cannot believe the negative turn the season has taken since the shoplifting incident.

I can't believe WW's season. Who saw this coming? He's been a virtual non-factor all year!

I sure hope Tiny's situation turns around soon...but with the NCAA, it's almost unimaginable that he'll be back before the end of the season...Hopefully he will be back next year and happy.

Having guys leave and replacing them is not going to be the answer. Capel has already coached these guys 1-2 years and that is a big investment. By the time they are 3rd and 4th year players they will be worth something. College basketball is already a constantly revolving door, but we don't need that door motorized.

1) Hardrick needs to find a nice little Division 2 team to play for

2) I question if Tiny will be back

3) Willis should leave

4) I have no idea what Allen is going to do

That's where I am. Not sure if the stuff Gallon did with an agent will have to do with him being here or not.

Back