Sporting News Magazine Preseason Rankings

oldred

Reaction score
The September 28 issue of Sporting News Magazine lists their preseason top 50 college basketball teams. I find it interesting and controversial to say the least.

For Big 12 teams, their rankings are : Kansas, #1; Texas, #6; Kansas State, #32; Texas A&M, #36; Oklahoma State, #42; and Oklahoma, #43.

Comments?

my original thought was we would be ranked somewere between 15-20 but 42...i was way off

I just think we will be alot better then most think...with warren and gallon those are two serious scoring threats...add in a true pg along with our shooting capability we should be a top 15 team...imo

That magazine must not have ever heard of Tiny Gallon or Tommy Mason-Griffin.

It's a safe bet that whoever came up with those rankings didn't watch the McDonalds All-American game.

st_facepalm.gif

Texas A&M and OsU ahead of OU? Willie Warren, TMG, and Tiny laugh at the thought...

Texas A&M?

Really?

This is a joke right?

Well it is funny like a joke.

I think that a lot of the media doesn't know what to think about us. We lose BG so we should fall. On the other hand, we add a great class and WW looks ready to lead a team.

I don't know what to think of this.... I would be okay if we were in the top 30.... but 43?!

My guess is someone did no research here. They just assumed no Blake = bad OU. I think 43 is pretty indefensible. I can understand someone not putting us in the top 25 because of how much of our talent is young or unproven. But 43 is a little absurd.

The September 28 issue of Sporting News Magazine lists their preseason top 50 college basketball teams. I find it interesting and controversial to say the least.

For Big 12 teams, their rankings are : Kansas, #1; Texas, #6; Kansas State, #32; Texas A&M, #36; Oklahoma State, #42; and Oklahoma, #43.

Comments?

Wow. I think that is way too low for Oklahoma. I really think TMG, Tiny and either Allen or Wright are going to have bigger impacts than those guys think. Every McD AA that has been at OU has averaged 10 pts a game as freshman. I also think Wright and/or Allen just need their chance, kind of like Longar.

well, if nothing else, at least we got that awesome gif from Sooner23 out of this absolutely non-informed and stupid prediction.

Back