Stats (OU 85; ND 80)

SoonerTraveler

Reaction score
Stats:
http://statbroadcast.com/events/archived.php?id=232941

Sooners 15 of 29 from 3-Point range (.517)
Fighting Irish 7 of 25 from 3-Point range (.280)

(6-8) ..... Oklahoma Free Throws
(11-19) .. Notre Dame Free Throws

12 ... OU Turnovers
_4 ... ND Turnovers

36 minutes .. Christian James & Brady Manek

5 of 5 shooting (1.000) from the field: Aaron Calixte

I know we didn't rebound great (though we ended grabbing one board than they did), but I thought there were several occasions when they should have been whistled for contact or over the back on rebounds.

Officiating can impact play so greatly -- the team drawing the whistles by necessity begins to play with caution; the other team plays with ever greater abandon as they realize what they can get away with.

Give us McNeace and evenhanded officiating and we win by 15.

Thought after the first 10mins or so we rebounded well. But early it was rough.

I dont like to complain about officiating but I really agree with those who say this was called rather unevenly. The injustices peaked when the official called Bieniemy for a foul for having his foot in the ND players way to fall on. I saw CJ get molested 3x and nary a word was said. But it seemed like every single time they robbed an OU player we'd hit a shot. maturity. make your complaint by sinking shots and playing defense. OU did that. CJ did that.

I dont like to complain about officiating but I really agree with those who say this was called rather unevenly. The injustices peaked when the official called Bieniemy for a foul for having his foot in the ND players way to fall on. I saw CJ get molested 3x and nary a word was said. But it seemed like every single time they robbed an OU player we'd hit a shot. maturity. make your complaint by sinking shots and playing defense. OU did that. CJ did that.

I lost it when they called the block against CJ late in the game.....that was criminal.

They didn't call a foul when Manek got his eye cut and bruised, did they? (I was arguing with Spectrum Cable at the time, so I might have missed it.)

They didn't call a foul when Manek got his eye cut and bruised, did they? (I was arguing with Spectrum Cable at the time, so I might have missed it.)

nope they didnt.

nope they didnt.

I didn't think so. Unbelievable. They should have been looking at it on the monitor to see if it was a flagrant and they didn't even blow the whistle.

Team looked refreshed after a nice break from the schedule. After Wichita State we play 3 games in 7 days.

Really good win. I'm not sure we really contend with Kansas for the Big 12. But beating anyone else in the Big 12 isn't out of the question. The Big 12 looks a little down from what I've seen this year outside of Kansas being Kansas.

When will Jumani be back?

According to Toby Roland on the radio this morning, Jamuni McNeace should definitely be ready to play by the Southern Cal game (Saturday; December 15).

Toby thought there was a 50-50 chance that Jamuni could play this Saturday against the Shockers.

nope...and the ref was right there watching it happen.

No question they had to overcome the lopsided 2nd half officiating. I think its good to mention bad officiating even in wins and not appear like all people want to blame it for losses. It doesn't have to be equal like 5 fouls on each team but call it the same on both ends. I really like the tough mentality of this team that they stayed strong through the end. When you have to go that deep on the bench in a close game away from home and get the win, it proves so much about each of these guys.

Nope. Nor should they have. It was an accidental elbow. That happens in basketball.

it did appear accidental but I thought any contact to the head was now a foul of some sorts. And if I remember the play correctly, the ND player came flying in to contact BM (I could be wrong on that though)

it did appear accidental but I thought any contact to the head was now a foul of some sorts. And if I remember the play correctly, the ND player came flying in to contact BM (I could be wrong on that though)

I think they review any contact to the head but it's not necessarily a foul. I'm guessing they reviewed it since he was bleeding so profusely but I honestly can't remember. I would assume so.

Those cuts around the eye bleed like crazy. I had one once and thought it would never stop.

What surprised me more than anything is that the officials didn’t review that play on the monitor. The cut and the blood over Brady’s eye proved he received a blow to the head. I don’t believe a flagrant foul should have been called, but it’s clear the officials didn’t know that.

it was a hit to the head so they should have at least discussed it PLUS they were making the same calls against OU. go back and watch that foul called on jamal near the ft line.

Back