Sweet 16 - Saturday Games

WTSooner

Reaction score
I'm way more interested in today's games than tomorrow's.

Loyola should be able to handle Oregon State.

I like Baylor over Nova in a relatively close game (5-10 points).

I think Arkansas is going to overwhelm ORU. This could stay tight for a while, maybe most of the first half, but Arkansas is going to use their athleticism to wear ORU out I'm afraid. I see Arky winning this one by double digits, with the game never being in doubt over the last 10 minutes of play.

My heart is picking Houston in the nightcap, but this could/should be a battle. UH's guards don't always shoot it well, so they'll either need to be on from deep, or they'll have to have a good scheme for driving inside and hitting some mid-range stuff. UH guards have some length, which should help. I expect this to be a battle.

This Loyola Chicago vs Oregon State game is like watching paint dry 9-8 with almost 9 minutes left in the first half

Time to prepare for LC for state.

Porter will have to change his offense when he takes a new gig.

The final few minutes made this one at least interesting.

OSU zone is rather effective, though Loyola is not an offensive juggernaut to begin with.

Well thats game unless FTs are missed. Oregon State is elite 8 bound.

I don't think Nova over Baylor would be that big of upset..

Baylor just suffocated Nova in the 2nd half. Also very impressed with the adjustment they made in the 2nd half. Nova couldn't stay in front of their guards and Baylor was pretty much unimpeded to the rim. I think this game that just finished will be more challenging then Baylor's next game (Arky/ORU).

Hopefully Oregon State gets to play Syracuse to get to the Final 4.... Either way, they are playing an 11 seed or a team from a mid-major conference for a chance at a Final Four.

Abmas can penetrate so easily against Arkansas, but he needs to make them pay more than he has.

These guys on ORU have heart and a TON of talent. Took the punches to the mouth and keep coming back.

Great game. ORU just didn't rebound well enough down the stretch.

Back