Sweet 16 - Saturday Games

That was the best game of the tournament so far.

Nice run by Houston to take over this game.

Great way to close the half for the cougs. Get em Kelvin! I hate the cuse!

10 point lead is sizable the way Syraexcuse is playing.

Going to be multiple runs by both sides before this is over. Boeheim is going to get hot too. Houston probably will have too much athleticism in the end.

Cuse is still fighting to get back in it. Houston up 6.

Houston has basically put this one away. Defense is too good.

Man that was some suffocating defense! Brings back good memories from when kelvin was a sooner. Easy team to root for with ou out of the tourney.

Happy for kelvin. Houston is going to the final four. I would love to see them beat baylor.

Just look at Houston's bigs. That is what OU should be going after. Four guys that are all almost identical. Chaney. Gorham. Gresham. White. All go about 6'8 and #225. None of them do anything exceptionally well, but they all know how to play the game, and play within Houston's scheme. All rebound. All defend. None of them are a threat outside of 15 feet. Houston plays 2 of them at a time nearly all game. I'd take all five of them over any bigs OU has, except Manek (only because of his shooting).

OU MUST go find a couple of guys like this.

I'm been trying to think of a comp for these guys for when Kelvin was at OU. There isn't a great one. None of them are as good on offense as Eduardo. Not as stocky or good down low as Bookout. They play a little like Jabahri Brown, but Brown was longer and bouncier. They play a little like Johnnie Gilbert, but maybe more polished?

Jalen Hill is already on campus, and Vic was supposed to be one of those guys.

Just look at Houston's bigs. That is what OU should be going after. Four guys that are all almost identical. Chaney. Gorham. Gresham. White. All go about 6'8 and #225. None of them do anything exceptionally well, but they all know how to play the game, and play within Houston's scheme. All rebound. All defend. None of them are a threat outside of 15 feet. Houston plays 2 of them at a time nearly all game. I'd take all five of them over any bigs OU has, except Manek (only because of his shooting).

OU MUST go find a couple of guys like this.

I'm been trying to think of a comp for these guys for when Kelvin was at OU. There isn't a great one. None of them are as good on offense as Eduardo. Not as stocky or good down low as Bookout. They play a little like Jabahri Brown, but Brown was longer and bouncier. They play a little like Johnnie Gilbert, but maybe more polished?
You're barking up the wrong tree here. It's not the personnel, it's the mindset. Not rebounding is simply not tolerated at U of H right now.

I'd like for you to find somebody LESS polished than Johnnie Gilbert!

You're barking up the wrong tree here. It's not the personnel, it's the mindset. Not rebounding is simply not tolerated at U of H right now.

I still think it's a little bit personnel, but you are right, a big part of it is how they are coached up, and team culture.

Maybe a better way of putting it would have been "I want our bigs to look and play like that."

I agree. Give Sampson iwuakor and he’s probably all conference there. Our big man development hasn’t been strong since Lew Hill left IMO.

Back