Sweet photo of Willie's shot against Texas

Sooner23

Reaction score
From SoonerSports.com's game photos.........

picture8mr.png

Of course, he naturally ended up in that position.

That was an incredible shot, and one the team needed badly. Willie reached down deep for that one.

That was an incredible shot, and one the team needed badly. Willie reached down deep for that one.

100% agree. Next time I hear someone say Willie doesn't care about the team or doesn't show heart during games, I may punch them. Willie's entire performance on Saturday, especially that play, was nothing but heart.

100% agree. Next time I hear someone say Willie doesn't care about the team or doesn't show heart during games, I may punch them. Willie's entire performance on Saturday, especially that play, was nothing but heart.

Its gotten a lot better since the Baylor game....no doubt.

Obi Muonelo and Gary Johnson= Leonardo and Donatello

Willie went to elevate on that shot and had nothing. His ankles gave way, but he forced the ball in the basket.

By far the play of the game. That was pure grit.

Willie went to elevate on that shot and had nothing. His ankles gave way, but he forced the ball in the basket.

By far the play of the game. That was pure grit.
Why would a selfish/volume shooter/egotistical/lazy/ bad teammate show grit?

I recorded the ESPN replay of the game. They always edit some plays out to fit the game in the timeslot and that was one of the plays they edited out. :(

Seriously? That was the play of the game, esp. since it was WW's only shot.

I thought so, too.

Regarding the picture above, I thought when Willie's took his shot, he started out on the east side of the court and was on the west side of the basket when he put the shot up. That picture looks the opposite.

Back