T.J. Taylor tidbit

Henzo

Reaction score
Denison, Texas guard, and 2010 Oklahoma commitment, T.J. Taylor was told by his doctor that his "ankle had healed up nicely". He is now cleared to do everything on the basketball court except dunk (He has to wait three months before he can do that). In response to the no-dunking limitation he says, "I am going to become the most fundamentally sound at making lay-ups in the state of Texas."

Last edited:
Good stuff Henzo. BTW, how much of a factor will having Taylor help us with Clark, or do you think that relationship is overblown?

Good stuff Henzo. BTW, how much of a factor will having Taylor help us with Clark, or do you think that relationship is overblown?

It won't be a factor at all, IMO. They are friends and they are pretty good friends.. but just talking with Cam Clark, about the Taylor factor, it was pretty obvious it was a non-issue. Clark will make his own decision and if it's OU, he'll have a friend and a roommate already set up.. but it won't be a selling point for him to attend OU from my perspective.

Makes good sense... there are many other factors to take into consideration.

I'm truly glad T.J. has verbaled to us. Capel rocks!

He and Scott seem to be similar type players.

I totally agree. I just think that Taylor is all the things that Scott is....but better. Better defender. Better long range shooter. Better finisher. Better ball handler. They are very similar in strength.

I do think that Scott has a better midrange game.

Back