Men's basketball: 1:00 Sat West Virginia at OU

Don't leave the game.

Baseball: 1:00 Columbia at OU weather permitting

Softball: 2:00 Louisiana at OU
Softball: 4:30 Oregon State at OU, again, weather permitting

Rudy's Barbecue

Ana---Ana--Ana
---first Sooner to score 20+ points in six straight games
---I saw this earlier. Sherri verified it. Even Courtney and Stacy didn't.
---Advantage: scores from three, jumpers, layups, and free throws.
---Defensively, she covered the opposition's best player.
----Held Tynice Martin to 22 on 6 of 17. Only one of seven from three
----Meanwhile, Ana had 26 on 10 of 17, 4 of 8.
----Held Vivian Gray to 8 of 20, no threes, 17 points
----Meanwhile, Ana was 7-19, 3-8, and 9-9 from the line for 26.
----They covered Taylor with Gray which did wear her out on defense.

Jessi has come into her own as a point guard. It was also important that in each game, Mandy hit some early baskets to force them to cover her.

Was asked about Shaina. "She's doing all right. She's doing OK." I think that is an exact quote. No concern demonstrated. No tip-off of anything else going on.

Said that Ana took the lead and the freshmen followed her like little paper dolls. They needed a leader. Once someone began to score and take charge, it opened it up for everyone. Said Ana had been on the verge for some time. Just stepped up. Likes the way they are playing now.

TCU? Said we played horribly at TCU. Did everything "crazy." We will play better. TCU does have height and mobility in Moore. They are 9-7 in conference, 19-8 overall. Beat Iowa State and Kansas State once each. We didn't.

6-3 Sr Jordan Moore 18.62, 8.15 reb, 65 blocks
6-2 Sr Amy Okonkwo12.96, 5.63 reb
6-1 Jr Kianna Ray 10.7. 108 assists
6-1 Jr Jayde Woods
5-9 Soph Lauren Heard 88 assists

Right now, we are slightly better from three and from the line. They are slightly better rebounders. They are better shot blockers.

They are juniors and seniors, and they move the ball well, getting a lot of shots underneath. Moore, Okonkwo, and Ray are pretty good.

I really really hope we can pull out a win tomorrow!! I know West Virginia has beat TCU and we beat West Virginia... Whereas they have beaten teams we have not beat, so who knows. You would think the seniors Would dig deep one last time tomorrow and have the game of their careers. Especially EJ. We need her height and defensive ability, rebounding ability, more than we ever have before right now. I will be watching tomorrow and fingers crossed hopefully we pull it out!

Saturday, 4:30.

Everyone has an event on Saturday.

Men's basketball: 1:00 Sat West Virginia at OU

Don't leave the game.

Baseball: 1:00 Columbia at OU weather permitting

Softball: 2:00 Louisiana at OU
Softball: 4:30 Oregon State at OU, again, weather permitting

Rudy's Barbecue

Ana---Ana--Ana
---first Sooner to score 20+ points in six straight games
---I saw this earlier. Sherri verified it. Even Courtney and Stacy didn't.

---Advantage: scores from three, jumpers, layups, and free throws.
---Defensively, she covered the opposition's best player.
----Held Tynice Martin to 22 on 6 of 17. Only one of seven from three
----Meanwhile, Ana had 26 on 10 of 17, 4 of 8.
----Held Vivian Gray to 8 of 20, no threes, 17 points
----Meanwhile, Ana was 7-19, 3-8, and 9-9 from the line for 26.
----They covered Taylor with Gray which did wear her out on defense.

Jessi has come into her own as a point guard. It was also important that in each game, Mandy hit some early baskets to force them to cover her.

Was asked about Shaina. "She's doing all right. She's doing OK." I think that is an exact quote. No concern demonstrated. No tip-off of anything else going on.

Said that Ana took the lead and the freshmen followed her like little paper dolls. They needed a leader. Once someone began to score and take charge, it opened it up for everyone. Said Ana had been on the verge for some time. Just stepped up. Likes the way they are playing now.

TCU? Said we played horribly at TCU. Did everything "crazy." We will play better. TCU does have height and mobility in Moore. They are 9-7 in conference, 19-8 overall. Beat Iowa State and Kansas State once each. We didn't.

6-3 Sr Jordan Moore 18.62, 8.15 reb, 65 blocks
6-2 Sr Amy Okonkwo12.96, 5.63 reb
6-1 Jr Kianna Ray 10.7. 108 assists
6-1 Jr Jayde Woods
5-9 Soph Lauren Heard 88 assists

Right now, we are slightly better from three and from the line. They are slightly better rebounders. They are better shot blockers.

They are juniors and seniors, and they move the ball well, getting a lot of shots underneath. Moore, Okonkwo, and Ray are pretty good.

CParis and SDales didn't need to score 20+ per game for 5, 6, 7...in a row. They had other teammates who were great scorers as well. ALlanusa is doing a great job. But I'm sure she'd rather have a stronger cast of teammates...and the winning record of the teams of SDales and CParis. But she seems as though she's doing the best she can with the cards she's been dealt.

This will be another test for us. We have a decent chance to win and should, but we could also play like crap and get our butts handed to us.

Which OU team will show up?

I have no clue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CParis and SDales didn't need to score 20+ per game for 5, 6, 7...in a row. They had other teammates who were great scorers as well. ALlanusa is doing a great job. But I'm sure she'd rather have a stronger cast of teammates...and the winning record of the teams of SDales and CParis. But she seems as though she's doing the best she can with the cards she's been dealt.

Then why have you and others constantly downgraded Sherri by saying the reason we did not win several National Championships when Courtney was here is because she did not bring in other players who were good enough to support her play?

And now you are claiming she was surrounded by "teammates who were great scorers"?

You can't have it both ways.

It would seem you just want to disparage OU's players and coaches. If you dislike the OU women, move on and give positive support to a team you actually like and appreciate.

Then why have you and others constantly downgraded Sherri by saying the reason we did not win several National Championships when Courtney was here is because she did not bring in other players who were good enough to support her play?

And now you are claiming she was surrounded by "teammates who were great scorers"?

You can't have it both ways.

It would seem you just want to disparage OU's players and coaches. If you dislike the OU women, move on and give positive support to a team you actually like and appreciate.

+1

I'm sorry but I still don't get why Simpson plays so much. Maybe it's because we have no other options. Two maybe three different times now I have seen her carelessly very lazily pass the ball right to a TCU player or just simply have the ball grabbed out of her hand. She's not that big a person to where her hand eye coordination should be that bad and her movement should be so slow! I mean she's maybe only an inch taller than Ana!

Last edited:
West Virginia and OSU didn't play well. TCU has. We have just been hot.

Ana has not looked good the second half after sitting nearly the entire 1st half. Robertson has cooled off, TCU has found the range on a few 3s.

Too many OU turnovers...

I don't know how many open shots Simpson has had that she's missed now. Way too many turnovers starting to revert back to the way we were just three games ago.

Shaina just has this look on her face like she could care less anymore and I don't blame her. I don't know what she did to upset SC but she's got way too much talent to be spending as much time on the bench as she is. And For a team that hasn't even won nine games?! SC needs to get over herself! Obviously she doesn't know what she's doing. This is why when we miraculously dual and some good players they hightail it out. What could go wrong? We're already turning the ball over left and right?

Can OU get Mulkey back from Rice?
How can you have a college team with just no tall players?
We look like midgets against the giants.
And the OU ladies are trying.

I have a feeling even if we did get Mulkey back from Rice which would never happen, Simpson would still be SC's little favorite. Her stubbornness and her laziness have finally taken us right down to the bottom of the Big 12, exactly where we belong with this coaching staff!

Has it occurred that it isn't SC that is keeping Shaina on the bench?

Has it occurred that it isn't SC that is keeping Shaina on the bench?
What does Pellington's being on the floor have to do with our constantly being KILLED in the paint?
Shaina is, what? 5'7". Your reply is a non-sequitur.

What does Pellington's being on the floor have to do with our constantly being KILLED in the paint?
Shaina is, what? 5'7". Your reply is a non-sequitur.
My reply was a response to an accusation of why Sherri isn't playing her.

Ana has not looked good the second half after sitting nearly the entire 1st half. Robertson has cooled off, TCU has found the range on a few 3s.

Too many OU turnovers...

The TCU defense is not giving Taylor any open shoots the second half like they did the first half. And the ones she it taking are rushed,forced and missed. Ana is seeing quality defense as well.

The TCU defense is not giving Taylor any open shoots the second half like they did the first half. And the ones she it taking are rushed,forced and missed. Ana is seeing quality defense as well.

TCU's defense is good, but it makes me wonder, as aggressive as they are, they don't get very many fouls called on them. And Moore reminds me quite a bit of Courtney, except a better free throw shooter.

This was a game in which I thought the officiating was very uneven. We got almost no calls on being slapped, especially near the basket. There were some very questionable calls against OU, and a couple that were totally phantom. Ana got called for one in which she touched nobody. At a time when TCU seized control, they were getting some help with calls or non-calls that gave TCU an extra possession.

Back