TCU at OU

And, of course, Syb goes to his usual "blame-the-ref" excuse.

The truth is TCU's defense was one of the toughest we've faced all year and they outplayed us --- and since we have no solid 5 at this point, they exploited that.

They were just a lot better than us. I don't know which of their coaches handles defense, but I wish she was on our bench.

Question how many days after we lose our first game in the tournament is it before Pellington announces her transfer. Do they use the portal for basketball?

Let's just be honest. We had our chances and we blew it. You're talking about a 23 point swing. We stunk when we needed to close the deal.

We go to Tech to finish the regular season Tuesday. What a great way to end this abortion of year -- at the home of the flying tortillas.

I believe we may play them in the first round of the tournament as well. Maybe we can win two in a row before we are throttled by Baylor to end our season.

It's pretty pathetic that Tennessee is most likely going to fire their coach because of their horrible seasoning and SC gets to stay here....even though our team is most definitely worse. Reflection of the two programs and expectations. Expectations at OU have slowly gone down over the years as our teams have gotten worse I suppose. AKA only a select few probably care, namely us posting on this board. :-(

Again, TCU coach makes changes at half and Sherri does NOTHING. What a joke for a coaching staff, and Sherri USED to be really good but truly sucks now - that’s just a fact.

How many wild layups can we throw up and how many easy layups can we give up?

Then why have you and others constantly downgraded Sherri by saying the reason we did not win several National Championships when Courtney was here is because she did not bring in other players who were good enough to support her play?

And now you are claiming she was surrounded by "teammates who were great scorers"?

You can't have it both ways.

It would seem you just want to disparage OU's players and coaches. If you dislike the OU women, move on and give positive support to a team you actually like and appreciate.

Talking about not being able to see the forest for the trees...GEEZ! There were some teams of the past that could have won a NC, but lousy coaching doesn't help. There were some years that they needed at least one or two other top 20 type players to help, but they were not welcomed when they wanted to come. Now they don't want to come and this is what you get... It takes more than scoring to win an NC. Most of it is attitude, passion and desire. Either you have "it" or you don't. OU needed more players with "it" to get a NC. OU does not currently have one player with "it". But whatever...the point is that with those 20 point games ALlunusa was providing, she is not a SDales or CParis caliber player. Your boy Syb was hyping her up versus Dales and Paris which is asinine. 20+ a game or not...and we saw "or not" today.

And if you don't like my opinions...you might want to "move on".

Again, TCU coach makes changes at half and Sherri does NOTHING. What a joke for a coaching staff, and Sherri USED to be really good but truly sucks now - that’s just a fact.

How many wild layups can we throw up and how many easy layups can we give up?

Hmmmm...I'd have to disagree with the part about SC "USED to be really good"...if you're referring to coaching. Fundraising, yes and that wasn't too hard when you lucked up on top 5 players. She has never been able to strategically adjust, make wise choices about match ups or sensible rotation. Or recruit.

You see "wild layups" from frustration, lack of skill/development, inability to adjust (because the coach does not know how to implement adjustments) and from players who are really not Big XII/major Div. I players, not to mention there are no match ups for the size they face in the post.

Last edited:
Talking about not being able to see the forest for the trees...GEEZ! There were some teams of the past that could have won a NC, but lousy coaching doesn't help. There were some years that they needed at least one or two other top 20 type players to help, but they were not welcomed when they wanted to come. Now they don't want to come and this is what you get... It takes more than scoring to win an NC. Most of it is attitude, passion and desire. Either you have "it" or you don't. OU needed more players with "it" to get a NC. OU does not currently have one player with "it". But whatever...the point is that with those 20 point games ALlunusa was providing, she is not a SDales or CParis caliber player. Your boy Syb was hyping her up versus Dales and Paris which is asinine. 20+ a game or not...and we saw "or not" today.

And if you don't like my opinions...you might want to "move on".

Sure sBaylor.

Just play like you have forgotten your posts in the past. Of course that could be true if you are having Alzheimer issues in your old age.

And you think Ana scoring 19 points is a massive difference from scoring 20? You need to go back to 1st grade and learn your integer values.

Apparently your reading comprehension is also suspect since Syb never said or suggested Ana was already better than Stacy or Courtney. She did, however, point out that her streak of 20+ point games was something even those two stars never accomplished.

This was a game in which I thought the officiating was very uneven. We got almost no calls on being slapped, especially near the basket. There were some very questionable calls against OU, and a couple that were totally phantom. Ana got called for one in which she touched nobody. At a time when TCU seized control, they were getting some help with calls or non-calls that gave TCU an extra possession.

Really? That's funny. You complain about refs like that was a game against two YMCA Little League teams. It's a big girls game...you'll get slapped, pushed...it's physical. Some calls they get, others they don't. You have to adjust to the way the refs are calling the game. They were pretty much letting them play.

Sure sBaylor.

Just play like you have forgotten your posts in the past. Of course that could be true if you are having Alzheimer issues in your old age.

And you think Ana scoring 19 points is a massive difference from scoring 20? You need to go back to 1st grade and learn your integer values.

Apparently your reading comprehension is also suspect since Syb never said or suggested Ana was already better than Stacy or Courtney. She did, however, point out that her streak of 20+ point games was something even those two stars never accomplished.

I'll leave it at you are funny! LOL! Did you lick out your tongue at my post and stomp around in a tantrum? The only silly thing you left out was typing "na na na na na na"! LOL

And again...where is the team in the conference this year? Forget national rankings.

Last edited:
I'll leave it at you are funny! LOL! Did you lick out your tongue at my post and stomp around in a tantrum? The only silly thing you left out was typing "na na na na na na"! LOL

And again...where is the team in the conference this year? Forget national rankings.

I can assure you that I am as disappointed as anyone about how the season has gone. The shocking thing is we are not the worst team in the league. We will finish either 7th or 8th, guaranteeing at least two teams below us. Think about that. 5th and 6th are the mid-points of the conference and we will finish just a bit out of that. Just outside the middle of the league! Think about what that says about the Big-12.

But I also was one of the few who was not foolish enough to be thinking that this class of Freshmen was going to be some salvation for OU WBB like so many of you were. Next year's class is highly unlikely to turn us completely around either.

All of us need to understand that the players we watched today are not really Freshmen anymore. They are playing the last couple of games of the year. What you saw today is similar to what you will see from most of them next year.

Ana is by far the best player on this team. Jessi has really improved as the season has progressed. Most of the others have slid backwards or been at standstill. Today's performance was almost identical with the first 10 conference games. I have no idea how Madi can still be missing chip shot 8 to 10 foot open jumpers time after time.

We are in trouble until we start recruiting athletic girls along with girls with greater height. We are dumb as dirt to not be recruiting our hearts out to land a certain tall young lady at Edmond Memorial. But we seem to have our eyes on short, slow girls instead. We do not need a single additional player like that. Not one!

Well, you know our point system for recruiting. Basketball isn’t the only important thing, remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, you know our point system for recruiting. Basketball isn’t the only important thing, remember.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH, I don't think your suggestion is the only thing driving our recruiting. SC wants a team of players who look like she did in college - or at least 3 or so players on the floor all the time like that.

Even though she was not even close to the best player on her teams, according to those who saw her back then - in the olden days.

I believe we may play them in the first round of the tournament as well. Maybe we can win two in a row before we are throttled by Baylor to end our season.

It's pretty pathetic that Tennessee is most likely going to fire their coach because of their horrible seasoning and SC gets to stay here....even though our team is most definitely worse. Reflection of the two programs and expectations. Expectations at OU have slowly gone down over the years as our teams have gotten worse I suppose. AKA only a select few probably care, namely us posting on this board. :-(

Depends upon who wins in Lubbock. Win and we will tie OSU for 7th with whomever has the tie breaker playing Kansas and the other team playing Tech. Tech wins and we play again in the Big 12 tourney.

Ana is by far the best player on this team. Jessi has really improved as the season has progressed. Most of the others have slid backwards or been at standstill. Today's performance was almost identical with the first 10 conference games. I have no idea how Madi can still be missing chip shot 8 to 10 foot open jumpers time after time.

We are in trouble until we start recruiting athletic girls along with girls with greater height. We are dumb as dirt to not be recruiting our hearts out to land a certain tall young lady at Edmond Memorial. But we seem to have our eyes on short, slow girls instead. We do not need a single additional player like that. Not one!

Madi is missing 8-10' jumpers because she cannot shoot. You never see the same stroke from her twice in a row. Her shots are generally are all clunkers that declare that they should not have been shot. Madi has effort and athleticism but a basketball player she is not IMHO. No basketball IQ.

Athletic big girls is not what we need to be recruiting. Athletic big basketball players are what we need. EJ was an athletic big girl and they are typically nothing more than projects. Occasionally you have a hit like we did with Pierre-Louis after a year or two of development but mostly we get whiffs when it comes to producers. But high quality basketball players should be priority #1.

Last edited:
OH, I don't think your suggestion is the only thing driving our recruiting. SC wants a team of players who look like she did in college - or at least 3 or so players on the floor all the time like that.

Even though she was not even close to the best player on her teams, according to those who saw her back then - in the olden days.
reba mcentire was better than sherri and was the leader on that team

Depends upon who wins in Lubbock. Win and we will tie OSU for 7th with whomever has the tie breaker playing Kansas and the other team playing Tech. Tech wins and we play again in the Big 12 tourney.

Actually it is quite a bit more complicated than that.

First, if OSU wins tomorrow, we end up 8th, no matter what we do.

If we win and OSU loses, we could end up in 7th, but it depends on a fairly complicated tiebreaker which is likely to even depend on the Texas - TCU game.

Back