Texas fan melts down and outs Texas/Barnes for cheating

OUHoops

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's been rumblings about Barnes and his Canadian connections out there for a while. They got another kid from Canada today and I guess it set this Texas fan (SL Express) off. Talk about a meltdown though. Wow.

There are some other dynamics involved here in that this particular poster used to write for another Texas site, had a falling out with said site and he's outing his former partners and the names behind their aliases as well in this thread, so you'll have to sift through that.

Here's the first couple of posts and then you guys can read through the thread for the rest. The "Ro Russell" character that is mentioned helps funnel these Canadian players to Canada, and he is connected to UT assistant Rodney Terry. Link to thread is below the post quoted items below.

We get it, you think we cheat.

Just with Ro Russell. That's all. It's not like Texas cheats across the board. They just cheat a little with one guy.

No, not really. Just don't like what's going on. I find it interesting to see the same dynamics playing out among Texas fans that I've seen elsewhere.

And it's not like I'm posting crap left and right. I first posted about this on Barking Carnival a few weeks after Cory Joseph signed. Someone asked me what I thought about getting him, and I said I was uncomfortable.

A friend who knows how I feel about UT's link with Ro Russell sent me a link to the Dave Telep article early in the morning. After reading it I went over to Shaggy to see if anyone had seen it. Read the thread and commented. And now here we are.

Look, I'm bothered by this. I'm bothered at my core of being a Texas fan. If I talk about anything else, it's a pink elephant in the room to me. I'm better off not discussing Texas basketball at all, and I know it. Frankly, I feel like I've done pretty well at NOT talking about Texas basketball. But I'm not as successful when a national article directly refers to a relationship I feel strongly is as shady as any relationship a school in the country has with an AAU and now high school coach. All I can say in defense of that is, I'm human. This thing bugs me. A lot.

But for me, my reply isn't about the kid. It's about the article. And the article is about UT and Ro Russell's relationship. I'm not intentionally trying to piss in anyone's Cheerios.

It's like I tell people. There's NEVER a good time to tell a woman you're not interested in sleeping with her. It's either too soon, and she gets indignant that you thought there was ever a chance it would happen, or it's too late, and she feels like you were leading her on.

Given my point of view, and how strongly convicted I am about it, there's NEVER a good time --- or a good way --- to post about it. All I can say is I do my best not to. Today I have failed.

In any case, I don't mind if my posts get deleted, or I get suspended, or banned, or whatever. If whoever deleted the previous thread wants to delete my posts on this thread, along with any of the ones related to it, it won't bother me any.

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/sho...nt-of-Canada?p=2595874&viewfull=1#post2595874

Re: Texas fan outs Texas/Barnes for cheating

Knew it. Las Vegas, Ro Russell, Canada...

I'm hoping for one day OSU to get a pipeline going in a talent hotbed.

Suddenly they actually care if their coaches cheat?

Suddenly they actually care if their coaches cheat?

well Nick, part of the delusional entitlement that is being a Texas fan is the accompanying delusional idea that they are a clean program when most everyone knows the reality is far from it.

Might come sooner than you think in football. Some dirty stuff going on in Houston.

Good! Hopefully they can get more Shaun Lewis's. Ready for more than 3 or 4 4-stars a year in football.

Back