Texas v Iowa

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
The whole Sprint Center is rooting for the Hawkeyes. Jordan Hamilton is 4-6 from deep in the first half. Dude is going to be a player, and I doubt he will be in college for more than 2 years.

Iowa hit a desperation buzzer beater to tie it up at half at 38. They are feeding off of the energy from the crowd.

Gottlieb hit it on the head...Texas has shown no respect for Iowa in their preparation.

Texas is learning some of the same things we learned against VCU. People don't realize that texas is almost as young as we. Hopefully they will drop this one.

Their whole team is about chemistry, the overall talent in orange is UNBELIEVABLE!

As the commentator said, that would be a helluva scrimmage to watch.

Their whole team is about chemistry, the overall talent in orange is UNBELIEVABLE!As the commentator said, that would be a helluva scrimmage to watch.

They will be really good come March. They will win the Big 12 imo. That pains me to say that.

Well... or not. Why is Rick Barnes such a damn good recruiter... It has always bothered me.

They don't have great shooters outside Hamilton but they get Lucas who should help. Pittman looks to be in great shape. UT vs KU will be a war.

Texas pulling away...up 17.

They have so many weapons. They will beat Kansas in Austin.

Texas pulling away...up 17.

They have so many weapons. They will beat Kansas in Austin.

The one thing that is annoying the crap out of me is that the officials are letting Pittman camp in the lane. Call it once to at least make him consider removing himself for a second, maybe their talking him out and we can't hear it on TV.

Texas won by 25. They are unbelievably talented.

still not sure they have any trusty shooter other than hamiltion ...

I sat behind the Texas bench last night at the game (by chance, not choice); actually right next to the tunnel behind the end of their bench. Watched the entire Pitt/Wichita St game and left at halftime of the Iowa/UT game. Was gladly underwhelmed with how UT played last night, although their situation is similar to the Sooners with a lot of young players that will get better as the season progresses.

I sat behind the Texas bench last night at the game (by chance, not choice); actually right next to the tunnel behind the end of their bench. Watched the entire Pitt/Wichita St game and left at halftime of the Iowa/UT game. Was gladly underwhelmed with how UT played last night, although their situation is similar to the Sooners with a lot of young players that will get better as the season progresses.

They looked legit the second half.

They looked legit the second half.

Yeah, I watched the last 10 minutes after I got home and Barnes lit into them at halftime I'm sure. They were pretty poor in the 1st half. Iowa is terrible and poorly coached and had no business being tied at the half (the halfcourt shot notwithstanding).

There were a fair number of UT fans there last night and not as many Iowa fans as I expected. Jamaal Charles sat one row over from us and Norm Stewart sat in front of Eddie and Sean Sutton in the same section.

Iowa is 1-3.

Yep, Iowa is awful. UT is young so they will continue to improve. I still believe that outside shooting will be their achilles heel, not to mention James' allergic reaction to the paint.

They don't have great shooters outside Hamilton but they get Lucas who should help. Pittman looks to be in great shape. UT vs KU will be a war.

I've heard it mentioned that Texas doesn't have a great shooting team.

Back