Texas v Iowa

I've heard it mentioned that Texas doesn't have a great shooting team.

Most college teams don't have "great" shooting teams. Good thing this Texas team is strong in so many areas.

I heard it mentioned after one game that Brown was the only shooter on this Texas squad. That would be you DM. After this game I heard it mentioned that Hamilton was the only shooter. That would be gracefor24 and bouldersooner. Who's next as the only shooters, Jai(when he gets on the court)or Williams.

This Texas team isn't full of great shooters, but it isn't a problem either. Of course an off night could effect anybody, and even great shooters have off nights. But they are just fine.

Most college teams don't have "great" shooting teams. Good thing this Texas team is strong in so many areas.

I heard it mentioned after one game that Brown was the only shooter on this Texas squad. That would be you DM. After this game I heard it mentioned that Hamilton was the only shooter. That would be gracefor24 and bouldersooner. Who's next as the only shooters, Jai(when he gets on the court)or Williams.

This Texas team isn't full of great shooters, but it isn't a problem either. Of course an off night could effect anybody, and even great shooters have off nights. But they are just fine.

UT guards are shooting 38, 37, 33, 16, and 0 from 3 on the year!! :) Shooting isn't a strength for these guys. Lucas should definitely help on that front (which was in my original post). Williams is a good shooter but plays only 7 minutes a game so he doesn't count, imo. James is shooting really well from 3 right now but only has 9 attempts.

We'll see how they improve over the season but again I think shooting is the one weakness, not a huge weakness, but a weakness nonetheless.

UT guards are shooting 38, 37, 33, 16, and 0 from 3 on the year!! :) Shooting isn't a strength for these guys. Lucas should definitely help on that front (which was in my original post). Williams is a good shooter but plays only 7 minutes a game so he doesn't count, imo. James is shooting really well from 3 right now but only has 9 attempts.

We'll see how they improve over the season but again I think shooting is the one weakness, not a huge weakness, but a weakness nonetheless.

I like how you put it at the end grace. It's not a strength, but it's not a big weakness either.

I like how you put it at the end grace. It's not a strength, but it's not a big weakness either.

Yeah, I wasn't really trying to nitpick, but you kind of have to with a really good team. I think UT will struggle some with youth and could have problems making sure everyone stays involved. I was wondering why Bradley was on the bench so long in the 2nd half.

I think UT shoots it well enough to keep people honest but I think there will be games that it could hurt them. I also think they could struggle with the same thing that KU could (and did against Memphis) and that's forgetting what a huge advantage they have in Pittman down low. There's only a handful of teams that can match up with him and they should be pounding the ball down low all game long.

Last edited:
Back