The Bubble

Bubble team update:
Arizona State loses at home to last place Washington
Wichita goes down to Memphis
Stanford loses to Oregon State (Stanford has to play at Oregon next)
Utah State down 7 to New Mexico in the 2nd half of the MVC quarterfinals (If Utah loses, they are NIT bound)

OU is a 9 in the latest Athletic bracket ahead of both tech and texas (who is a last 4 in)

Nobody should be surprised at all. OU the last 4 years has gotten worse as the year goes on. And no excuses about the conference being great. This conference has some bad teams this year.

OU beat 2 top 25 teams last week 2 of the best wins of the season ..

and of course the big 12 is the best or 2nd best conf in the country

Northern Iowa Just lost in the first round of the Missouri Valley Tournament. They could potentially steal a bid

I just want to win a couple in the next week just to not to have to watch Lunardi.

Northern Iowa Just lost in the first round of the Missouri Valley Tournament. They could potentially steal a bid

In theory, yes, but when you lose by 19 in the QUARTERS, you didn't help yourself come Selection Sunday. If it was the the finals, by 4, sure...but this is not good for them.

In theory, yes, but when you lose by 19 in the QUARTERS, you didn't help yourself come Selection Sunday. If it was the the finals, by 4, sure...but this is not good for them.
Northern Iowa had a NET ranking of 36 before today's game, with only 1 Q1 win. If we win Saturday, or one in the Big XII, we should be okay vs. N Iowa.

Northern Iowa had a NET ranking of 36 before today's game, with only 1 Q1 win. If we win Saturday, or one in the Big XII, we should be okay vs. N Iowa.

Not worried about us but would be great if they stole texas’ spot

Yep....a Q-3 loss (by 21 points) in your last performance isn't the best way to endear yourself to the committee. They already had (2) Q-3 losses coming into this.....with only (1) Q-1 win. They will likely drop into the low 40s in NET after this and will be sweating on selection Sunday.

Yep....a Q-3 loss (by 21 points) in your last performance isn't the best way to endear yourself to the committee. They already had (2) Q-3 losses coming into this.....with only (1) Q-1 win. They will likely drop into the low 40s in NET after this and will be sweating on selection Sunday.

OK....here we go:
9 seeds:
OU - safely in; playing for seeding
Florida - had Kentucky beat yesterday and let it get away
Providence - really strong conference performance; 1 seeds be wary of this team.
Rutgers - hey...they finally won their second game away from home.

10 seeds:
Indiana - couldn't close the deal with Wiscy yesterday. They need to win one in the Big 10 tourney to feel really safe.
USC - good end of the week for them. They're in barring a really bad showing in the PAC 12 tournament.
Texas Tech - it would be wise of them to beat Texas in the Big 12 quarters.
Xavier - really let a good chance get away from them yesterday.

11 seeds:
Arizona State - they've come back down to earth; need to win at least one in the PAC 12 tourney
Utah State - AQ
UCLA - great February and March run. Still need to win at least one in the PAC-12 tourney.
NC State - here by default; their wins trump every one below them.
Texas - it would be wise of them to beat Tech in the Big 12 quarterfinals.
Richmond - need to get to the A-10 finals against Dayton to feel safe.

My first four out: Stanford, Cincinnati, Wichita State, Mississippi State

There are several teams that are slipping just above us (Marquette, Arizona, LSU). If we win a game or two in KC, we can certainly get to the 8....maybe even a 7.

It’s nice to finally come to this thread knowing we are safely in. No bubble for us.

Those bubble teams on the cut-line have one less team to sweat about after tonight....ETSU won the Southern Conf. tourney. They are going to be a trendy upset pick in either the 6/11 or 5/12 game. I'm not quite sure that I'm sold on them, but they hung with KU for a while back in December and also won @LSU.

Those bubble teams on the cut-line have one less team to sweat about after tonight....ETSU won the Southern Conf. tourney. They are going to be a trendy upset pick in either the 6/11 or 5/12 game. I'm not quite sure that I'm sold on them, but they hung with KU for a while back in December and also won @LSU.

thanks for continuing to update this ..

Back