Tiny up to #11 in 2011 Mock Draft

This is the same site that has Willie Warren going to the Thunder in the first round this year. No way Presti drafts Willie. They need bigs. I'd take this with a grain of salt. Alabi from FSU and Udoh aren't even in their 2010 draft.

nbadraft.net is consistently the worst place to go. Stick with Chad Ford or DraftXpress...

Ford doesn't even have him in his top 100. I don't see any way he moves ahead of these bigs:

Ed Davis
Derrick Favors
DeMarcus Cousins
Cole Aldrich
Ekpe Udoh
Solomon Alabi
Patrick Patterson
Hassan Whiteside
Larry Sanders
Donatas Montejunas
Dexter Pittman
Greg Monroe
Jarvis Varnado
JaJuan Johnson
JaMychal Green
Gani Lawal
Jerome Jordan

I honestly can't see him getting drafted ahead of any of those bigs, at least not in the first round. Thats 17 guys. I really don't understand how the website stays relevant.

nbadraft.net is consistently the worst place to go. Stick with Chad Ford or DraftXpress...

Ford doesn't even have him in his top 100. I don't see any way he moves ahead of these bigs:

Ed Davis
Derrick Favors
DeMarcus Cousins
Cole Aldrich
Ekpe Udoh
Solomon Alabi
Patrick Patterson
Hassan Whiteside
Larry Sanders
Donatas Montejunas
Dexter Pittman
Greg Monroe
Jarvis Varnado
JaJuan Johnson
JaMychal Green
Gani Lawal
Jerome Jordan

I honestly can't see him getting drafted ahead of any of those bigs, at least not in the first round. Thats 17 guys. I really don't understand how the website stays relevant.

Won't a lot of those guys be gone after this year's draft?

Ed Davis
Derrick Favors
DeMarcus Cousins
Cole Aldrich
Ekpe Udoh
Solomon Alabi
Patrick Patterson
Hassan Whiteside
Larry Sanders
Donatas Montejunas
Dexter Pittman
Greg Monroe
Jarvis Varnado
JaJuan Johnson
JaMychal Green
Gani Lawal
Jerome Jordan

I don't see him being drafted ahead of those guys, but he is better offensively than alot of them. Some of those guys play the four, and Tiny is a five, especially on the pro level whereas he won't have the footspeed to keep up with the likes of a Bosh, Amare, O'neal, Wallace, West, Green, etc. Alabi is a guy the scouts really like. I do see Tiny being drafted in the 15-20 spot range depending on a teams need.

I don't see him being drafted ahead of those guys, but he is better offensively than alot of them. Some of those guys play the four, and Tiny is a five, especially on the pro level whereas he won't have the footspeed to keep up with the likes of a Bosh, Amare, O'neal, Wallace, West, Green, etc. Alabi is a guy the scouts really like. I do see Tiny being drafted in the 15-20 spot range depending on a teams need.

Lol sorry but Tiny is not a 5. He is 6'9". He'll be a good 4 in the NBA. Good outside/mid range shooter. Can go inside when needed. He's playing out of position at the 5 right now.

There is no way Tiny is a 5 in the NBA. He's a 4 only.

There is no way Tiny is a 5 in the NBA. He's a 4 only.

What I have seen of Tiny so far makes me think he will be a reserve in the NBA and play the 4 and 5, depending on how teams use him. I agree that it would seem that his natural position would appear to be the 4, but the league has changed so much over the last few years that I don't doubt he'll play the 5 some. Guys like Nick Collison, Glen Davis, DeJuan Blair, Carl Landry, Anderson Varejao, and Paul Milsap all have a role like this (or have had). Regardless, I don't see him being a starter on a playoff team, which makes me really doubt his chances of being a lottery pick.

BTW...apologies with the previous post. I overlooked that the thread was about next year's draft. My bad. I need to go back into lurker mode...

Lol sorry but Tiny is not a 5. He is 6'9". He'll be a good 4 in the NBA. Good outside/mid range shooter. Can go inside when needed. He's playing out of position at the 5 right now.

IDK buddy. The league has tons of guy playing positions shorter than the norm. Joel Anthony, Malik Rose, Najera, Ben Wallace, Collison, etc. Ask Dejuan Blair how he enjoys playing the 5 at 6'6. I can see Tiny guarding a kristic, Marc Gasol, Bogut, or Bynum. Unfortunately what's laugh out loud for me is Tiny guarding Nowitzki, West, Green, Amare, Rasheed Wallace, or Scola. I mean if he were to play against the Celtics, who's he going to match up against, Big Baby and Perkins at the 5 or Garnett at the four? Of course it's going to be big baby, Perkins, and Sheldon. No coach would half a brain would ever match him up with Garnett or Sheed.

Cheno, I think if Tiny wants to play the 5, his 7.5 1/2 inch wing span will allow him to do so.
Cool...ask him to use that wing span a little more often to play defense effectively as a "5" while he's with us in Norman.

I'm seriously not trying to tear the guy up, but if someone wants to say that Tiny can play the 5 "if he wants to" then I believe it's ok to say that I expect my 5 to play defense and be able to dunk consistently when given the ball 3 feet from the basket (rather than attempting a layup)

Back