Tiny

Reaction score
Saw some effort on the defensive end....hopefully that will be more than just a glimpse.

I think he will keep getting better. I have always said big men take longer to transition into big 12 play.

That was by far the most positive thing about tonights game. The fact that Tiny played and played hard. If he had really been in trouble with the NCAA and had not come back I think it would have set this program back pretty bad. But if he comes back next year and improves, this team could be better next year.

I think he will keep getting better. I have always said big men take longer to transition into big 12 play.

Work on his conditioning and post game and I think he could be a double-double machine next year....with a little defense.

Fitzgerald showed a little glimpse tonight too....but not sure if it just me but it looks like he has trouble just running with that bubble butt (and yes, I've thought this from the beginning of the year). Looks like he needs to lose 10 pounds or so.

Given Tiny's attitude and performance I feel a whole lot better about him being a Sooner next year which is a good thing. I was really worried with the NCAA factor and the way the season was going it wasn't looking good for Tiny.

I just don't understand why the guy doesn't get/take more shots. He's had double figure shots 6 times all year. This from a guy that was known as a big-time scorer and on a team that badly needs an inside presence to score.
I just don't get it.

I just don't understand why the guy doesn't get/take more shots. He's had double figure shots 6 times all year. This from a guy that was known as a big-time scorer and on a team that badly needs an inside presence to score.
I just don't get it.

1. He doesn't post up and act like he wants the ball.
2. When he does #1, our guards are pathetic at getting it to him.

I just don't get it.

To be honest, I think he still isn't comfortable on the block. He seems a bit timid and definitely looks like he is thinking when he gets the ball on the low block. He spent his entire HS career on the parameter and it shows. He definitely needs to go to a big man camp this summer and work on his game and follow whatever summer program Cline designs for him.

To be honest, I think he still isn't comfortable on the block. He seems a bit timid and definitely looks like he is thinking when he gets the ball on the low block. He spent his entire HS career on the parameter and it shows. He definitely needs to go to a big man camp this summer and work on his game and follow whatever summer program Cline designs for him.

You're probably right. I remember last year when some were excited about Tiny hitting a lot of 3's and we had discussions here about whether or not that was actually a good thing. Obviously it was a horrible thing. He needs to get with a big man coach and work all summer.

I just don't get it.

He's got to position himself better by sealing and cutting, but the guards have to get him the ball. These guards don't understand that if you get him involved, you looks are alot easier. All they understand is look for the three and if someone is on you, back up and shoot it from farther out.

You're probably right. I remember last year when some were excited about Tiny hitting a lot of 3's and we had discussions here about whether or not that was actually a good thing. Obviously it was a horrible thing. He needs to get with a big man coach and work all summer.

That was with the assumption that he also had a post up game....unfortunately, he has obviously spent most of his time drifting on the outside. But with those soft hands and pretty good feet, he just needs to increase his stamina and get some big man training.

It's amazing to me that people whose only contact with the program and players is through the TV screen or their seat at LNC think they know more about the team, players and coaches than people who do have direct contact with the program. Amazing might not be the right word. Mind boggling might be a better choice of phrase.

It's amazing to me that people whose only contact with the program and players is through the TV screen or their seat at LNC think they know more about the team, players and coaches than people who do have direct contact with the program. Amazing might not be the right word. Mind boggling might be a better choice of phrase.

It is mindboggling.

I really enjoyed the hustle he showed in getting that shot blocked.

One thing that I noticed on the defensive end is that he never really sags on his assignements which can have him bouncing around quite aboiut 18-20 ft. out. That creates some open space behind him that we appear to get abused on quite a bit as he is not quite quick enough to recover....same thing happens with Wright, but it is a little less noticable.

Maybe just me, but I'm more comfortable with a post player getting open looks from 18-20 feet than I am with the entire post area being vacated with no shot blocking presense. Presuming it is just coaching, I'd like to see something changed up with Tiny [and all of our bigs] being able to sag a little more often and shut down the lanes down low.

That said, I appreciated Tiny's effort...and think he'll be what we thought he could be next season.

i know its not our business but I was wondering if it was really ncaa related

Bounce, it really doesn't matter at this point. There has been way too much speculation and conflicting reports on this topic, and it's best to let it die. That's why I deleted a few posts early on in this thread. I think you will agree that Tiny's return to the rotation, and the fact that he worked his tail off in the second half last night is far more important than whatever led to his suspension.

The discussion about Tiny is still open. The reason for his suspension is not. I hope you and everyone else understands that this is the right thing to do for Tiny's sake. Thanks in advance.

Who are you talking about that knows more? Who has actual contact with the team? I am confused.

All I ever saw about Tiny was comments from people supposedly in the know that he was suspended due to potential NCAA issues. I think yesterday when BBJ was discussed Quick said something to the effect of "we know why Tiny was suspended". Later Quick said something to the effect of Tiny got a wake-up call.

I have no freaking clue what happened or who I can view as a credible source for information on this site. I do think TU, Coolm, you, Tony, Edmond and some others are knowledgable fans that don't speculate and post rumors.

Tiny wants to be like Blake, he will work his tail off this summer and come back next season much improved. I fully expect an improvement along the lines of Blake's (not saying he will be as good as Blake).

Bounce, it really doesn't matter at this point. There has been way too much speculation and conflicting reports on this topic, and it's best to let it die. That's why I deleted a few posts early on in this thread. I think you will agree that Tiny's return to the rotation, and the fact that he worked his tail off in the second half last night is far more important than whatever led to his suspension.

The discussion about Tiny is still open. The reason for his suspension is not. I hope you and everyone else understands that this is the right thing to do for Tiny's sake. Thanks in advance.

Seems a bit odd to not allow this discussion. I was just asking if anybody knew. Wasn't asking for speculation, I was asking for facts. I guess all the other talk about other players needs to end too? No more discussing WW's illness/injuries, etc.

Of course him returning and playing decent is more important. But I was just curious to why he was suspended. If it was true with the NCAA then it would be nice to know that they didn't find anything and would be nice to know why they made him miss a game.

Back