Tiny's Suspended????

No, but you can control attitudes and you can discipline.
And those same attitudes type of attitudes have been displayed on the court as well. You act like when this team only has off the court problems. The poor attitudes, lack of hustle/defense, etc has been shown all year. It's the same attitudes that show poor decisions off the court. So basically this team has done things the wrong way on and off the court.
Sorry, but give me a flippin' break. Something needs to change. Obviously you don't feel that way.

On the court is his issue along with the players'.

And you answer with "no"....so why the drivel? So give me a flippin' break.

I heard Tiny was getting free shoes from an agent.

If this is true, Tiny probably thought he would only be at OU for a year, so why worry about accepting shoes when for him it wouldn't matter anyway.

However, now that he's played it's obvious he will have to play college ball for all 4 years and more than likely still won't get drafted. I'm sure he's wishing he hadn't taken the shoes and had he thought his performance would be so poor that indeed he'd have to stay in college longer, he probably wouldn't have taken the shoes.

Maybe I'm wrong, but this is what I would guess happened if he did indeed accept free shoes from an agent.

Originally Posted by GParker
I have heard that it is an issue concerning the OU and NCAA compliance departments. The word is that it may have something to do with Tiny being involved with an agent before he came to OU. They are investigating it now, and until the matter is resolved, Tiny will not be allowed to play.

The hits just keep on coming for this basketball team.

If this is the case, I hope it's something that can be fixed with maybe Tiny paying back this agent or something to that effect. I'm not primarily upset about the issues because Tiny is young and naive. If we think Wall, Cousin, Henry, etc haven't been down this path, we're being Naive. These guys get free stuff thrown at them all the time. The problem is more with keeping the agents away from the kids. We can't keep agents away from these kids. Look at Dez Bryant. How hard would it be for a guy to turn down an opportunity to spend time with Neon Deion. I don't think you punish Tiny or Dez extremely when the issues is more with the guys trying to corrupt them.

So.. what are people's guesses on the potential fallout from this if any ?

Tiny has to payback whatever shoes (if thats what it is) he got and OU gets a slap on the wrist ? Tiny is declared ineligible to come back to OU and we have to forfeit every W we had with him in the lineup ?

what happened to kansas a few years ago with the player from okc and his booster?

I saw a post on the rival's site that Tiny's suspension isn't about an agent but about class attendance and grades. Don't know how much that poster knows but that's what he is saying. All things that I have read points it toward being the agent talk so who knows.

I don't see Tiny ever being an NBA player, so for him to associate with an agent at 19 is laughable.

I don't see Tiny ever being an NBA player, so for him to associate with an agent at 19 is laughable.

i agree...

but i could see an agent telling him all he wants to hear and him buying into it...i think that is where some of his problems come from, he just thinks he is better than he actually is right now...

Also, could it be from agent contact before he came to OU? would seem weird players cant declare right out of high school, but at that point i know he probably was a higher commodity...and i wouldnt put anything past an agent...

Back