TJ Taylor James Hale Interview

Boomer Sooner

Reaction score
TJ said he doesn't have any offers yet, but Capel will visit him on Tuesday and expects to be get an offer that day. He also said he is in the gym everyday working on his mid and long range shot because he feels he should be a top 30 player.

Interesting. Scout shows that OU, Marquette, Arizona State, Texas, Texas A&M, ISU, SMU and TCU have all offered.

Interesting. Scout shows that OU, Marquette, Arizona State, Texas, Texas A&M, ISU, SMU and TCU have all offered.

Shows how reliable scouts is. I think Eric Bossi does their ratings and he's unbias at times and at other times he's not. I looked up Cam Clark's profile and Scout had everybody at Medium and showed he had anoffer from KU. In reality it should have USC and OU as high and everyone else as medium. Kinda like how Ketch at rivals does for Texas football when he never shows an offer on a kid that UT doesnt get.

Ada,

I have a hard time believing that TCU and SMU haven't offered lol. I wonder if James "heard" him wrong. Some of the big schools may have given him conditional offers.

Shows how reliable scouts is. I think Eric Bossi does their ratings and he's unbias at times and at other times he's not. I looked up Cam Clark's profile and Scout had everybody at Medium and showed he had anoffer from KU. In reality it should have USC and OU as high and everyone else as medium. Kinda like how Ketch at rivals does for Texas football when he never shows an offer on a kid that UT doesnt get.

Dave Telep does Scout's rankings. At this point their offers list isn't very accurate, it's more representative of who is recruiting the kids. They really don't use that bottom section that well, imo. Most of the time it isn't very accurate, they are more concerned with the stories.

Ada,

I have a hard time believing that TCU and SMU haven't offered lol. I wonder if James "heard" him wrong. Some of the big schools may have given him conditional offers.

I agree, BT. Nothing about that statement makes sense. An Evan Daniels story last month even had this quote from T. J.: "Taylor said his recruitment is “going good.” At this point, he’s looking at four schools – Arizona State, Marquette, Texas and Oklahoma. He claims scholarship offers from all four.

“I’m narrowing it down right now,” Taylor said.

A lot of these recruiting sites go off what they heard from a high school coach, a parent or the actual player. A lot of times they can get confused or exagerate their list.

Hopefully if OU offers they can get him early and take him off the market.

OU basketball will be loaded if they can keep Jeff around to recruit.

Gotta give James props for doing a basketball recruiting update. I think he may have been motivated though by the fact some people were pumping OUHoops as a cool site on his board and the info you get here.

James said he had visited the site and that he didn't see what was so special about it, and later the post was deleted. Then, boom, a couple days later he bangs out a basketball recruiting update. :woot

Dave Telep does Scout's rankings. At this point their offers list isn't very accurate, it's more representative of who is recruiting the kids. They really don't use that bottom section that well, imo. Most of the time it isn't very accurate, they are more concerned with the stories.

Well I think Bossi does some of them. When AF had the exposure camp that Bossi participated in, he created a profile for all of those guys and gave them one star ratings. I doubt Dave Telep has seen Dorrian Williams of Douglass high or Devante Wilson of Muskogee. The funny thing about Clark is none of these recruiting experts have saw him or Taylor play at all. This summer is going to be their first exposure to some of these guys.

http://oklahoma.scout.com/2/850147.html

Gotta give James props for doing a basketball recruiting update. I think he may have been motivated though by the fact some people were pumping OUHoops as a cool site on his board and the info you get here.

James said he had visited the site and that he didn't see what was so special about it, and later the post was deleted. Then, boom, a couple days later he bangs out a basketball recruiting update. :woot

I was frustrated with the content or lack of content on James's site and I was saying how great this site was. I couldn't believe he said this site wasn't that good ! He did delete the post and did a couple of updates with a little information on a couple of our recruits.

I was frustrated with the content or lack of content on James's site and I was saying how great this site was. I couldn't believe he said this site wasn't that good ! He did delete the post and did a couple of updates with a little information on a couple of our recruits.

What would you expect him to say? Keep calling him out. I think I may get a month membership and put him on the spot myself.

I could say something really nasty about James, but I won't.

See you guys, I just got the hankering for a Whopper for some reason.

Last edited:
Awe yes, the nearly 30 year old Burger King caper. I think I was 7 when this happened.

My opinion on Hale is I think OU fans need to hold him accountable. If he wants to be a proxy mouthpiece for OU recruiting info, then he needs to step up.

I could say something really nasty about James, but I won't.

See you guys, I just got the hankering for a Whopper for some reason.

There is a reason that the OSU fans call him Hames Jail....

Back