Tom Penders expecting this to be his best team ever at Houston

thebigabd

Reaction score
“You want expectations. Players who have confidence in themselves are not afraid of challenges. Those are the kind of kids you want, and those are the kind of kids we have,” said Penders, who enters his sixth season at the head of the Cougar bench. “This is the deepest and most talented team that we have had here. This year, I feel more comfortable with what we have,” Penders said. I feel good about all of the returning players and the experience they received and their performances. We’re going to be a lot bigger. Physicality will be often mentioned with this team as we get to playing and fans watch them, Penders said. We have not had an abundance of physicality on any of our teams in the past, and that was something we tried hard to recruit."

He also feels like he has one of the best guard tandems in the country with Aubrey Coleman and Kelvin Lewis who combined for 37.4 points and 11.5 rebounds as juniors a year ago.

They were pretty good when they beat Arizona at home a few years back...led by JUCO transfer Oliver Lafayette. That team should of made the dance but they fizzled down the stretch.

Tulsa and Houston ought to both be pretty good. could be the year *someone else* wins C-USA.

I think the Tom Penders factor will keep them from amounting to too much.

Back