Tom Penders Quote on Oklahoma

bocabull

Banned
Reaction score
“Once they find themselves, and I think it will be in the next two games here, they will be one of the elite teams in the country,” he said.

Nuff Said.

Well, I hope it comes in the next 2 games. If we beat Arkansas and Arizona at the LNC things will start looking a little better. Not great still, but better.

There you go, that's what I see. Getting the right starting lineup may take awhile, however.

There you go, that's what I see. Getting the right starting lineup may take awhile, however.

I agree. Last night, for about the first 15 minutes of the game, OU looked like a team that could compete with anyone in the country. From that point forward, not so much.

Still, this "let's jump ship" attitude after five games absolutely bewilders me. I still think Capel can coach these kids, and the Sooners will play much better. The season isn't lost after FIVE GAMES.

The first part is probably true. When this team finds itself, it will be almong the elite teams. But, there are too many g forces on that turnaround for it to occur withing one or two games. We might see some improvement, but I doubt that we see this team begin to peak until February.

I agree. Seems like defense is the key to getting everything else going.

I agree. Seems like defense is the key to getting everything else going.

Word. So far there's not been one thing they can hang their hat on defensively. They also have to get back to basics on the boards; if we keep giving up double digit offensive boards to the other team, we'll get killed against better competition.

pretty gracious on his part...though, OU righting the ship does nothing but help his tournament resume on down the line.

Bold prediction on my part: The majority of practice time in the near future will be spent on defense.

Capel did not forget basketball overnight. This team has some issues, but I am sure he is not clueless to this fact and we will get better.

Elite team? Not this year. This group is so bad on defense that , if they concentrate and the staff concentrates on it, they will be average at best by the end of the year. Maybe, MAYBE, at the midle of next year we can hope to stop A team-someone. Watching them try will be interesting but, coming from where they are, you cant get there anytime soon.

Tom knows what he's talking about. To me defense is and effort thing. I really think if our guys give more effort the defense can improve tremendously. We have too many posters that have written this team off already. I think Coach Capel will get this thing turned around. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Exactly faithful. The defense and rebounding are totally correctable errors.

Sure some less talented teams have beat us early because they have veteran players who are quicker to the ball because of their experience. OU has an abundance of talent which will eventually lead us to many wins.

Back