Top Transfers for 2009-10 season >>> Jeff Goodman

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Source Link

Lots of good guys coming into to the Big 12 that will have an impact this year.

9. Jai Lucas, 5-11, 170, PG, Jr., Texas: The Longhorns had an unsettled point guard situation last season, and now Dogus Balbay will have some competition from the former Florida floor leader, who won't be eligible until after the first semester.

12. Curtis Kelly, 6-8, 250, PF, Jr., Kansas State: He didn't get a ton of run at UConn, but that should change in Manhattan.

17. Ekpe Udoh, 6-10, 240, PF/C, Jr., Baylor: He left Michigan after one season under John Beilein. He's long and athletic and should fit in well with Scott Drew's up-tempo system.

Former Big 12 player

1. Wesley Johnson, 6-7 ½, 210, F, Jr., Syracuse: Don't be surprised if the former Iowa State forward winds up being the team's top player. Johnson averaged 12.4 points while playing with an injured ankle his sophomore season at Iowa State but is ideal for Jim Boeheim's system.

17. Ekpe Udoh, 6-10, 240, PF/C, Jr., Baylor: He left Michigan after one season under John Beilein. He's long and athletic and should fit in well with Scott Drew's up-tempo system.

Does DFW know that they have Ekpe "Lotto Pick" Udoh at 17? I expect Jeff Goodman to be getting a propaganda filled email......soon.

Does DFW know that they have Ekpe "Lotto Pick" Udoh at 17? I expect Jeff Goodman to be getting a propaganda filled email......soon.

Good call DM- I'm already on it.

I started the email...

Dear Jeff: have you ever seen Tim Duncan play basketball? Would you consider Jai Lucas or any of the spares on your list to be better prospects than Duncan? Then why in the world would you rank Ekpe Udoh so low?

There's much more but you get the idea...

18. Keon Lawrence, 6-2, 175, G, Jr., Seton Hall: He's talented, but like his teammate, Herb Pope, Lawrence will need to learn how to be a good team guy both on and off the court.

Shhhhh, don't tell BigABD. This might contradict his Keon Lawrence is as good as Mario Chalmers theory.

You consider throwing weed and sex parties a good thing?

When did he ever do such a thing?

Your hatred of KU makes you look silly.

Lemme guess, Cole Aldrich is a sloth who can't play defense also right?

Your hatred of KU makes you look silly.

And you're obsession with posting on an OU board makes you look how? Especially coming from a guy who uses an OU board to take shots at Mizzou(see Keon Lawrence comment) and KSU. I think your knee jerk reaction to defend a guy who has had problems like being kicked out of the NBA rookie orientation camp, but also being fined multiple times along with his homie Michael Beasley, by the Miami Heat, to defend the honor of KU shows who's being a little silly.

BTW, I don't remember even mentioning KU on this thread. I guess you equate anything said about a KU alum or anyone assiciated with KU to be "hatred" against KU. So that means no negative comments about the following:

Wilt Chamberlain
James Naismith
Phog Allen
Bill Self
Bill Self drinking in a club
Bill Self's hairpiece
Xavier, CJ, Carl, or anybody with the last name Henry
Henry the Eighth
Henry Kissinger
Ted, (whatever the guy's name is who proceeded Larry Brown)
Larry Brown
Nate Archibald
Eric Cheonwith
Raef Lafrentz
Greg Ostertag
Gilbert Brown
Gilbert Brown's Belly
Dana Stubblefield
Gayle Sayers
Kirk Hinrich's NBA liabilities
Paul Pierce's affection for flashing gang signs
Dennis Moore
Bennie Owens
Owens Field aka Gaylord Stadium
Nick Collison (Thunder fans don't say a bad word about him)
And anybody that didn't like the great Show Quantum Leap, Scott Bacula

I
BTW, I'm an equal opportunity hater. KU and CU hold about the same level of hate on my hate meter. And infact KU gets probably a little better standing with me because I actually respect their basketball program whereas CU and Baylor get no respect from me. I'm glad my KU hatred didn't show when my close relative played ball at KU for four years and when I dated the manager of that KU athletic for 5 months.

Last edited:
That's what I thought.....there was no "throwing of weed and sex parties" by Chalmers.

I was just ribbing my buddy ABD a bit. Then you came out of left field. You can hate on KU all you want. I actually find it entertaining. Most of it's wrong, but entertaining nonetheless.

Yes sir. I will from now on bow down to the great KU on an OU board. Nothing negative about Chalmers again. I'm not even going to say anything bad about the Atlanta Hawks just to keep confusion down. Infact I won't even Jaywalk anymore.

That's what I thought.....there was no "throwing of weed and sex parties" by Chalmers.

I was just ribbing my buddy ABD a bit. Then you came out of left field. You can hate on KU all you want. I actually find it entertaining. Most of it's wrong, but entertaining nonetheless.
Meh chendog.
March Madness heroes Mario Chalmers and Darrell Arthur were thrown out of the NBA's rookie transition program on Wednesday morning after being caught in their hotel room with marijuana and women, according to several sources.

"The players were sent home for violating program rules," NBA spokesman Tim Frank said. "They will be appropriately sanctioned and will have to repeat the program next year."

Sources said Chalmers and Arthur, who starred on the Kansas Jayhawks' 2008 NCAA championship team, were also fined $20,000 apiece and could start the regular season on the suspended list. But NBA spokesman Brian McIntyre would not confirm that.

"We're still looking into it," McIntyre said. "Once we have all the details, appropriate sanctions will be taken."

The players were caught by hotel security at the Doral Arrowwood resort in Rye Brook, N.Y., where 69 of the league's rookies arrived last night for the four-day seminar in which coaches, referees and former players speak about adapting to the league. Having visitors at the rookie transition program is not permitted.

Chalmers, who sank the game-tying, buzzer-beating 3-pointer that forced overtime in Kansas' 75-68 championship victory over Memphis, was drafted 34th by Minnesota. He was quickly traded to Miami, where he is expected to vie for the starting point guard position after playing well during summer league. Chalmers played three seasons for the Jayhawks.

Arthur, also an early-entry candidate who played two years at Kansas, was a sympathetic figure on draft night. Roundly believed to have lottery-type talent, Arthur sank to the 27th spot after erroneous rumors of a health problem circulated throughout the league.

Then, after being selected by New Orleans, the 6-foot-9 forward was traded to Portland, then Houston, before finally settling in Memphis.

"He will be sanctioned at a later date, and he will have to repeat the program next year," Grizzlies team spokesman Dustin Krugel said.

Kansas coach Bill Self stood by his former players.

"We really don't know all the facts yet, and I certainly would never comment publicly on any personal matter concerning any player I have ever coached," he said. "Beyond that, I can say that both Mario and Darrell were great to coach. They played a huge role in our success the past few years, in large part due to their unselfishness and the sacrifices they made for our program."

:clap So now having women in your room is a "sex party". Wow, I've had many a sex party then and didn't even know it. And no arrests were made on Chalmers or Arthur because no evidence of weed was ever found.
And later we find out Micheal Beasley was hiding in the closet and got fined 250% the amount that Chalmers and Arthur did. And recently Michael Beasley has checked himself into rehab for...you got it....smoking too much weed. Whom. Interesting. I wonder why an innocent of smoking weed Beasley was hiding in the closet. Could it be he had WEED?
Chalmers and Arthur screwed up and showed horrible judgement but to call this a "weed and SEX party" is just plain silly.

And to question Mario Chalmers being a good team guy over this is about as silly as saying the reigning Big 12 DPOY the year isn't a good defensive player.

Again, another thread gets taken off track. And again, not by me like some would like to paint the picture.

I'm fine with re-hashing the Chalmers/Arthur incident but no reason to do it in this thread. There is a perfectly good KU thread on the smack talk board I'd be fine with discussing anything you'd like about KU.

How about we let this thread get back to the recent transfers.

Cole Aldrich is slow footed and a liability vs quick post plays, example - Craig Brackins

Cole Aldrich is slow footed and a liability vs quick post plays, example - Craig Brackins

And Michael Jordan isn't a great 3 point shooter.
Aldrich was Big 12 defensive player of the year.
He's fine defensively. Next.

Aldrich is like a slightly more skilled Josh Loomers.

Back