Trae and the critics on and off this board

jaymOU

Reaction score
The continuous Trae bashing on this board and in the media is absurd.

18-year old kid did something no other player has EVER done in the history of NCAA basketball. He lead the country in scoring and assists. Let that sink in for a second. Just to lead in one category is great, but both!

Dude had an ESPN crawl during other team's games....unprecedented!

The consistent complaint we hear --- "he was overused!" Quoting Desmond Mason, "anyone could do that if they got the chance". Be serious, dude.

Don't you think Davidson tried to overuse Steph? Or Texas Durant or K-State Beasley or Washington Fultz or Kansas Manning or OU Waymon or Blake or on and on and on.....Did any of them put up the numbers Trae did - nope.

Well, those teams won. I agree, they did. Is that Trae's fault?

He was sensational this season and I, personally, believe the media circus created in-fighting and jealousy in the locker room.

Second criticism - Trae was selfish and the ball never moved when he was in the game. Crap! He lead the nation in assists and should have had 100 more this year if our centers could make a lay-up or any wing shooter could make a three outside of the LNC. Hitting passes ahead of the field is not what a selfish player does. And if you were as skilled as Trae and you kept throwing to wide open guys and they continued throwing up bricks - would you be more selfish? If you are trying to run the court at the Y and you have a kid who ever time you throw it to them they put up a brick. Do you continue to throw it to them?

I actually think Trae was not selfish enough. Ask yourself this - better chance of a guarded 28-footer from Trae going in or a wide-open wing 3 from another player? Think about last night - one guard scores six and the other tallies ZERO. Those are your starting wings who are getting WIDE open shots because of the "selfish" Mr. Young.

All OU fans are disappointed about how the season turned out. We can all agree on that. Trae was tremendous, but the team was not. Does he have fault in that - of course, he was on the team. Was he the primary reason for the struggles, no-one outside of the locker room and maybe even inside the locker room knows for sure.

I do know this, I will remember him fondly. He gave us some incredible moments - dominating Wichita State and Oregon and the performance at TCU - great memories. He even gave us a new phrase - logo-three.

Thanks Trae. Go be great in the NBA, but if you want to give us one more memorable moment, I'll be watching!

He was sensational this season.....

He is currently shooting 42% from the floor, 36% from three, and the team has lost 13 games including 11 of our last 15.

I don't consider that "sensational", regardless of his counting stats.

18-year old kid did something no other player has EVER done in the history of NCAA basketball. He lead the country in scoring and assists. Let that sink in for a second. Just to lead in one category is great, but both!

The consistent complaint we hear --- "he was overused!" Quoting Desmond Mason, "anyone could do that if they got the chance". Be serious, dude.

Don't you think Davidson tried to overuse Steph? Or Texas Durant or K-State Beasley or Washington Fultz or Kansas Manning or OU Waymon or Blake or on and on and on.....Did any of them put up the numbers Trae did - nope.

He was sensational this season and I, personally, believe the media circus created in-fighting and jealousy in the locker room.

Second criticism - Trae was selfish and the ball never moved when he was in the game. Crap! He lead the nation in assists and should have had 100 more this year if our centers could make a lay-up or any wing shooter could make a three outside of the LNC. Hitting passes ahead of the field is not what a selfish player does. And if you were as skilled as Trae and you kept throwing to wide open guys and they continued throwing up bricks - would you be more selfish? If you are trying to run the court at the Y and you have a kid who ever time you throw it to them they put up a brick. Do you continue to throw it to them?

I actually think Trae was not selfish enough. Ask yourself this - better chance of a guarded 28-footer from Trae going in or a wide-open wing 3 from another player? Think about last night - one guard scores six and the other tallies ZERO. Those are your starting wings who are getting WIDE open shots because of the "selfish" Mr. Young.

All OU fans are disappointed about how the season turned out. We can all agree on that. Trae was tremendous, but the team was not. Does he have fault in that - of course, he was on the team. Was he the primary reason for the struggles, no-one outside of the locker room and maybe even inside the locker room knows for sure.

I do know this, I will remember him fondly. He gave us some incredible moments - dominating Wichita State and Oregon and the performance at TCU - great memories. He even gave us a new phrase - logo-three.

Thanks Trae. Go be great in the NBA, but if you want to give us one more memorable moment, I'll be watching!

:woot

To say it is continuous is an overextension of reality for there have been many to come to his side during both the good and bad times. Much of the criticism occurred during the last half of the season, so the first half everyone was a supporter and when things went south, for both him and the team, there was still a degree of support.

Last edited:
the continuous trae bashing on this board and in the media is absurd.

18-year old kid did something no other player has ever done in the history of ncaa basketball. He lead the country in scoring and assists. Let that sink in for a second. Just to lead in one category is great, but both!

Dude had an espn crawl during other team's games....unprecedented!

The consistent complaint we hear --- "he was overused!" quoting desmond mason, "anyone could do that if they got the chance". Be serious, dude.

Don't you think davidson tried to overuse steph? Or texas durant or k-state beasley or washington fultz or kansas manning or ou waymon or blake or on and on and on.....did any of them put up the numbers trae did - nope.

Well, those teams won. I agree, they did. Is that trae's fault?

He was sensational this season and i, personally, believe the media circus created in-fighting and jealousy in the locker room.

Second criticism - trae was selfish and the ball never moved when he was in the game. Crap! He lead the nation in assists and should have had 100 more this year if our centers could make a lay-up or any wing shooter could make a three outside of the lnc. Hitting passes ahead of the field is not what a selfish player does. And if you were as skilled as trae and you kept throwing to wide open guys and they continued throwing up bricks - would you be more selfish? If you are trying to run the court at the y and you have a kid who ever time you throw it to them they put up a brick. Do you continue to throw it to them?

I actually think trae was not selfish enough. Ask yourself this - better chance of a guarded 28-footer from trae going in or a wide-open wing 3 from another player? Think about last night - one guard scores six and the other tallies zero. Those are your starting wings who are getting wide open shots because of the "selfish" mr. Young.

All ou fans are disappointed about how the season turned out. We can all agree on that. Trae was tremendous, but the team was not. Does he have fault in that - of course, he was on the team. Was he the primary reason for the struggles, no-one outside of the locker room and maybe even inside the locker room knows for sure.

I do know this, i will remember him fondly. He gave us some incredible moments - dominating wichita state and oregon and the performance at tcu - great memories. He even gave us a new phrase - logo-three.

Thanks trae. Go be great in the nba, but if you want to give us one more memorable moment, i'll be watching!
amen!

One of the best posts on here in a while. Thank you for this.

Jay I agree except I also think he was selfish at times. Some of his decisions were incredibly selfish. Even his dad once said I think my son is trying to do too much.

Great talent. I don’t blame him for the team division. I blame the coaches and some of the other players.

Post on LT (I know the scourge of forums) said 3rd person from parent of a player that TY/CJ broke rules and there were no consequences.

IF true, supports the idea of some issues within the team...which really looks possible from the outside.

Yes, he had a ton on his shoulders...but coach has to treat everyone even on stuff like that, if true.

Ask yourself this - better chance of a guarded 28-footer from Trae going in or a wide-open wing 3 from another player?
Well, seeing how trae had the second to worst 3pt % on the team (for those that shoot threes), I'll take the wide open 3 100% of the time.

Post on LT (I know the scourge of forums) said 3rd person from parent of a player that TY/CJ broke rules and there were no consequences.

IF true, supports the idea of some issues within the team...which really looks possible from the outside.

Yes, he had a ton on his shoulders...but coach has to treat everyone even on stuff like that, if true.

I find it hard to believe Kruger wouldn’t enforce the rules.

They also kept track of his numerous turnovers.

Back