Trae Young now OU's head coach.....

spot on. Sad deal. Remember how happy we were when TY signed back in spring?

Did you see the interview after the Texas loss, not one time did Trae mention team, it was me, me, me . OU is not good enough to have a one man team and I thought basketball was a TEAM sport.

I’m still happy Trae signed with OU! He has given me more reasons to be proud than to be sad.

I want him to come back and right this ship. He needs another year. Its clear. Will that happen, its to be determined...

Did you see the interview after the Texas loss, not one time did Trae mention team, it was me, me, me . OU is not good enough to have a one man team and I thought basketball was a TEAM sport.

Hes been team all year in every interview.

yeah I am gonna hafta disagree there too. Trae's actually been pretty good about talking up his teammates and the team. I dont think this is fair.

yeah I am gonna hafta disagree there too. Trae's actually been pretty good about talking up his teammates and the team. I dont think this is fair.

did he mean it though? Or was it all "player speak"

they need to go out and find some men to play on this team. We look like a bunch of boys out there.

I have no doubt that TY wants to win....

This is one of those occasions where the whole is not as good as the sum of the parts.

I think he meant it... He wants to win dont you think?

You think he wants to miss the NCAA or lose like this...

of course he wants to win.

I mean does he really care about the team? It is possible, especially for star athletes, to really only care about themselves and how they look.

So he could say all the right things, but does he really mean it? He may want to win, but not for the team.

It's becoming more and more clear to me that he is using OU to get to the NBA. Obviously we knew that when he signed but I thought he would care about OU and being a Sooner. I guess that is what you get with 5 star elite players.

Anyone who doesn't think that Young doesn't want to win and doesn't like his teammates missed him cheering them on when he was on the bench in the first half of the game.

Wow some of you guys act like a" pack of hungry wolves going in for the kill".Maybe Trae feels like he has let the team down,we don't know.I do know that maybe Kruger should grow a pair & say that this has been one his worst coaching jobs ever(throw in last year also)& the blame is all on him.It is not Trae's fault that this defense can't stop a slow moving snail & that the offense has no flow to it.Yes,he is part of the team & they all can take some blame,but it is up to the Head Coach & assistant coaches to figure out the problems with this team & it looks to me as though the coaches look as lost as the players!Go Sooners!!

Nor do I. My friend, oketex, has been over the top on his criticism of TY lately. Surprises me, too. He’s usually very supportive of our players. Maybe he forgot that Trae is still a teenager who, despite his maturity and poise, is capable of making freshman mistakes.

Anyone who doesn't think that Young doesn't want to win and doesn't like his teammates missed him cheering them on when he was on the bench in the first half of the game.

yup.

I want him to come back and right this ship. He needs another year. Its clear. Will that happen, its to be determined...

I'm all for Trae coming back.....as long as he fully commits to becoming a better defender. It looks to me like the team takes their lead from him both offensively and defensively....which can be good or bad.

I thought he was standing up so Lon could see him and put him back in faster.

I'm all for Trae coming back.....as long as he fully commits to becoming a better defender. It looks to me like the team takes their lead from him both offensively and defensively....which can be good or bad.

His defense is beyond bad. Going under screens repeatedly last night was mind boggling. If that is what Kruger wants against a 3 point shooting team like KU then his coaching of this team needs to come under scrutiny. Even if that isn't the case, when Young did that the first time, Kruger should have told him to not do it again and when he did, he should have pulled him.

Back