Trae Young now OU's head coach.....

Coach, I'm with you....I agree that Lon didn't forget everything about coaching or winning....but that enigma is what is making this dumpster fire so mind-boggling? I would expect a HOF coach to make adjustments to account for his team's weaknesses....and for the team to actually show signs of improvement. Or, at the very least, he should motivate/demand better effort from his team or the guilty players will suffer the repercussions (i.e. being benched).

I think I can speak for most fans on this board....we just want to know WTF is going on at practice when it appears that we can't make improvements in areas that are totally being exploited game after game.

And for the record, I really like Lon and I do think he is a very good coach. I just don't understand why this particular team isn't responding to his approach like his previous teams have. I want him and this team to succeed.....but it seems he and his staff are being tuned out. I'm not around them every day, so I could totally be way off base....but the results/effort/execution on the court speaks for itself.

I think this is a fair criticism.

Yes it is fair criticism, Storm...good post!

this team has no leadership to instill any toughness.

we had none last season so it was obvious they'd be looking for it this year. then trae comes in and he's a great offensive player, but defensively he plays matador. this is what the kids see. then you have Lon who is stern but lacks the mean streak to bear down on them. thats why many were saying we needed a mean old assistant.

they play soft and when the shots aren't falling they fall apart. their game didnt advance as the season wore on and this is the product we see.

The leadership role should be headed by Khadeem Lattin.

Coach, I'm with you....I agree that Lon didn't forget everything about coaching or winning....but that enigma is what is making this dumpster fire so mind-boggling? I would expect a HOF coach to make adjustments to account for his team's weaknesses....and for the team to actually show signs of improvement. Or, at the very least, he should motivate/demand better effort from his team or the guilty players will suffer the repercussions (i.e. being benched).

I think I can speak for most fans on this board....we just want to know WTF is going on at practice when it appears that we can't make improvements in areas that are totally being exploited game after game.

And for the record, I really like Lon and I do think he is a very good coach. I just don't understand why this particular team isn't responding to his approach like his previous teams have. I want him and this team to succeed.....but it seems he and his staff are being tuned out. I'm not around them every day, so I could totally be way off base....but the results/effort/execution on the court speaks for itself.

Great post, storm! Said it for me, too. A lot better than I ever could.

There are some morons on here.. is Trae perfect? no. Does he care about defense? No.

Hes been nothing but a great teammate and a bonafide star that can still improve a ton with trying on defense

I don't think anyone is claiming that only Trae is at fault.

But I highly question the comment that he is a great teammate. I see ZERO chemistry with this team. None. The body language tells me there are internal issues...and if I had to guess at why that is, it is centered around TY

I think its fair to point as well, on the staff as a whole. But coaching kids is a funny business. I think its mind blowing that improvements arent being seen after such a great start. These defenses arent something new. I think its something the coaches cant put their finger on, Reaching kids isnt getting easier, its getting harder. I think there are some outside factors in a few of these kids ears that arent for the betterment of the team.

but to say the TY is the head coach is asinine and weak argument.

Back