Triton "Tank" Mayberry Class of 2010 6'11 300+ Center

Sam

Reaction score
Is now listing OU, he is out of Corpus Chrisit, Texas

Anybody know anything on this kid?
Was reading an article on Texas Hoops and he mentioned OU as one of the schools and his rivals profile lists OU along with some other name schools, Texas, UCLA, LSU.
Rivals
ESPN

The fact that his parents named him Triton is absolute gold. Sounds like they wanted him to be a transformer.

Found an older article and he's been mentioning OU since June, kinda flown under our radar on here.
What's your list of schools looking like?
"Right now, it's Arkansas, LSU, Texas, Texas Tech, UCLA, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Marquette and Syracuse."

Nice catch, Sam. I wonder if there is any real interest on OU's end?

The fact that his parents named him Triton is absolute gold. Sounds like they wanted him to be a transformer.

Or a Greek god. They've been around a few centuries longer than the Transformers, after all.

Just think how crazy it would be to follow up Tiny with a Tank!!! Then all we'd need is a Bulldozer to clean up!

Also kinda like when Hybl followed Heupel...it'd get BBS all tongue-tied!

I'm with Dirty. Without knowing too much about this guy he seems like a younger/less mature and much more overweight version of Orlando Allen.

The name Clarence Holloway comes to mind. He was a guy that OU semi-recruited a couple of years ago after he had commited to Louisville and went the juco route. He ended up with a heart condition which ended his career. I have to think his weight had something to do with it.

Nothing wrong with being a project. However offering him would put 3 projects on one roster.

Back