Tulsa looking legit next year

thebigabd

Reaction score
They lost Igbanu, who was probably the best player the American toward the end of the year, but they have a bunch of new guys either becoming eligible or signed who should form a really good team, especially at the guard spots.

Hopefully OU and Tulsa play this year, would be an entertaining game.

Curtis Haywood (Transfer from Georgia Tech)
Played his freshman and sophomore seasons at Georgia Tech ... appeared in 44 games with 23 starts and totaled 243 points, 121 rebounds, 94 assists and 47 steals ... made 19 starts and ranked third on the team with 59 assists and 39 steals as a sophomore in 2018-19 ... scored a career-high 18 points in a win over ECU behind a 3-for-5 effort behind the arc ... finished the season ranked second on the squad in 3-point percentage

Keyshawn Embry-Simpson (Transfer from Arkansas)
A consensus four-star recruit, he played three seasons at Midwest City High School... played his freshman season at Arkansas in 2018-19 ... averaged 4.1 points, 1.2 rebounds and 14.6 minutes per game and helped the Razorbacks to an 18-win campaign ... scored a season-high 16 points in road contests at Ole Miss and LSU

Austin Richie (Transfer from Northern Illinois and Triton Juco)
Led NJCAA Region 4 in three-pointers made with 120 and was eighth overall in three-point percentage at 44.9 percent. Started 32 of 33 games, averaging 16.4 points and 4.5 rebounds per game. Shot 85.2 percent from the free throw line

Keshawn Williams (high school recruit)
-Nice pickup from Chicago. Chose TU over offers from Colorado, Kansas State, Depaul, and West Virginia. #3 player in the state of Illinois.

Rodgerick Brown (Transfer from Wichita State and Pearl River CC)
-Averaged 13 points and 7 rebounds per game in juco this year after transferring from Wichita State.

They also lost Jeriah Horne, who averaged 11 ppg and 5 rpg. He transferred to Colorado as a grad transfer...and was a good player for them.

Didn’t OU recruit Keyshawn Embry or was that another Keyshawn I’m remembering?

Houston is about to own the American. Kelvin has stockpiled some talent down there.

Houston is about to own the American. Kelvin has stockpiled some talent down there.

Do you get paid for each positive comment about Kelvin, or is it a flat fee arrangement? I mean, very impressive to turn a thread about Tulsa into a discussion of Kelvin’s team!

Some people just like to complain. About anything. Cray cray.

You mean like complaining about people standing up for one of our players, for instance?

We can't all be the flowing fount of positivity that you are.

You mean like complaining about people standing up for one of our players, for instance?

I laughed.

SoonerFanTU taketh. And SoonerFanTU giveth away.

Was an OU player criticized in this thread?

WT’s argument was that people like to complain about anything. He goes out of his way to trash OU players & comes to the defense of other teams (especially UH). I don’t see the problem with Sky pointing that out imo a hilarious way.

WT’s argument was that people like to complain about anything. He goes out of his way to trash OU players & comes to the defense of other teams (especially UH). I don’t see the problem with Sky pointing that out imo a hilarious way.

If you can't see the difference in those two "topics" and their relevance to an OU message board, I can't help you.

I made a post about Houston in a thread that had nothing to do with OU. And a poster that likes to stir things up and create drama when there doesn't need to be any, chimed in.

I'm not sure how that and a discussion about how OU fans frequently over value our players, or really, just a conversation about our players in general, is the same thing.

But whatevs.

It was in another thread. WT expressed relief that JB was leaving in part because he'd had his fill of other posters defending him.

I felt that someone who complains about OU fans saying positive things about a Sooner player on an OU board isn't really in a position to point fingers at others for complaining too much, much less call them "cray cray."

If you can't see the difference in those two "topics" and their relevance to an OU message board, I can't help you.

I made a post about Houston in a thread that had nothing to do with OU. And a poster that likes to stir things up and create drama when there doesn't need to be any, chimed in.

I'm not sure how that and a discussion about how OU fans frequently over value our players, or really, just a conversation about our players in general, is the same thing.

But whatevs.

I make a post about OU in a thread that had nothing to do about KS. And a poster that likes to stir things up and create drama when there doesn’t need to be any, chimed in.

Didn’t OU recruit Keyshawn Embry or was that another Keyshawn I’m remembering?

I thought he was the best player at the Tournament of Champions during Manek's,whose team was also there, junior year.

Back