TV coverage

Darwin

Reaction score
As of October 23, 2020 Fox Sports Southwest is no longer available on streaming services such as fubotv, Sling, YouTubeTV, or Hulu + live TV, though it is still available on AT&T TV NOW.

Typically pre covid, I would see the games in person but many would watch from home anyway. Now the big corporate media people are screwing us and my unrealistic hope is the next tier 3 contract and really all media contracts focus more on exposure. I remember Hockey being more concerned with dollars over exposure and it cost them while the NBA exploded. Nothing will slow down OU football but there is a cost to ignoring the other sports.

Last edited:
As of October 23, 2020 Fox Sports Southwest is no longer available on streaming services such as fubotv, Sling, YouTubeTV, or Hulu + live TV, though it is still available on AT&T TV NOW.

Typically pre covid, I would see the games in person but many would watch from home anyway. Now the big corporate media people are screwing us and my unrealistic hope is the next tier 3 contract and really all media contracts focus more on exposure. I remember Hockey being more concerned with dollars over exposure and it cost them while the NBA exploded. Nothing will slow down OU football but there is a cost to ignoring the other sports.

That would definitely affect my decision to cut the cord in the future.

I cut it years ago but I'm also thinking about recruiting out of state. The regional networks are losing exposure. I would think the University would want OU games of any sport available from coast to coast.

Last edited:
My sister has Uverse and 2 or 3 weeks ago, she lost access to FSOK for no apparent reason. It took 2 or 3 phone calls to get them to fix it.

I cut it years ago but I'm also thinking about recruiting out of state. The regional networks are losing exposure. I would think the University would want OU games of any sport available from coast to coast.

FSSW is really only about the lower profile non con games ..

and they are still widely available for non cord cutters .

The FSOK option here in Houston on ATT Uverse 200 has provided me with almost every patsy non conference game since Kruger has been here, along with other great Sooner content. I've been very grateful for it, and I actually didn't switch to Direct TV(other reasons also) because the Direct TV people looked at me like I had 10 heads when I asked them if the DTV package had it. That and the fact that Direct TV freezes if anyone even sneezes in the direction of the dish. Like 4 or so years ago they made it sound like Uverse was going eaten by DTV and gone by now. Anyway, hangin on!

I did see where the Central Florida game is on that stinkin ESPN plus. Any way we get a replay of it on FSOK?

Here in NYC, I lost the Fox regional sports channels a year or so ago; Spectrum stopped carrying them when they were sold. It's frustrating because they were my only access to coaches shows, the Huddle, and other Sooner programming. Now I have to pay for SoonersportsTV (though I only do so during football and basketball season).

Any word yet on whether any of our games will be shown on ESPN+ this season?

Here in NYC, I lost the Fox regional sports channels a year or so ago; Spectrum stopped carrying them when they were sold. It's frustrating because they were my only access to coaches shows, the Huddle, and other Sooner programming. Now I have to pay for SoonersportsTV (though I only do so during football and basketball season).

Any word yet on whether any of our games will be shown on ESPN+ this season?

Looks like Central Florida is the one nonconference game on ESPN+.

Dish quit carrying the Fox regional games about a year ago. I refuse to pay Soonersports.tv. I pay plenty in donations for season tickets. I just won’t see all the games. What all universities don’t realize once you can’t see a few games it gets much easier to not watch the others.
All the in house broadcasters are weak in my opinion. Glorified cheerleaders who make a bunch of noise.

Please can anybody tell me where there is a schedule for, or what is live on Sooner Sports TV.

I'm not sure anything is live on SoonerSportsTV.

They have TV info for some of the games here:
https://soonersports.com/sports/mens-basketball/schedule?path=mbball

I have a question about Hulu+Live, AT&T TV Now and YouTube TV. All three seem to carry FSSW, but are they limited regionally? Would I have to live in the southwest to receive FSSW via those services?

I'm thinking a free trial of each would allow me to see our three FSSW games in the early season, but I don't want to bother if that network won't be available to me on those services in NYC.

Thanks , saw a reference to the All access live page in the faqs but can't find that page.

I have a question about Hulu+Live, AT&T TV Now and YouTube TV. All three seem to carry FSSW, but are they limited regionally? Would I have to live in the southwest to receive FSSW via those services?.

Below is what I found posted late October. Those services had FSSW earlier in the year. Sinclair acquired the RSN's and doesn't want to play nice.

Sometimes it pays to live in a small television market. DirectTV in Ada is showing the game will be broadcast on our usual channel for FSOK at 7:00 Wednesday evening. Assuming that is correct, I set our DVR to record the game.

Below is what I found posted late October. Those services had FSSW earlier in the year. Sinclair acquired the RSN's and doesn't want to play nice.

Thanks, sorry for the out-of-date info I shared.

FSSW has remained available to DirecTV subscribers who live in the southwest (Oklahoma, Texas, etc.) and subscribe to the DTV Regional Sports Networks package (around $14-$16 per month). However, due to the ever-increasing prices (my DTV bill was averaging around $175.00 per month), I finally cut the cord a couple of months ago.

I am now streaming exclusively. I pay approximately $65 per month for YouTubeTV, which gives me most of the channels I watched on DTV, including all ESPN channels, Fox Sports 1 and 2, and all four broadcast networks, plus a few other random sports channels. I was counting on being able to get FSSW when I purchased YouTubeTV, but I suppose that is no longer an option, according to what I read above.

It's looking more and more like my Sooner basketball viewing will be limited to games televised by the ESPN networks, Fox Sports 1 or 2, or the four broadcast networks. Anyone know of any other options?

FSSW has remained available to DirecTV subscribers who live in the southwest (Oklahoma, Texas, etc.) and subscribe to the DTV Regional Sports Networks package (around $14-$16 per month). However, due to the ever-increasing prices (my DTV bill was averaging around $175.00 per month), I finally cut the cord a couple of months ago.

I am now streaming exclusively. I pay approximately $65 per month for YouTubeTV, which gives me most of the channels I watched on DTV, including all ESPN channels, Fox Sports 1 and 2, and all four broadcast networks, plus a few other random sports channels. I was counting on being able to get FSSW when I purchased YouTubeTV, but I suppose that is no longer an option, according to what I read above.

It's looking more and more like my Sooner basketball viewing will be limited to games televised by the ESPN networks, Fox Sports 1 or 2, or the four broadcast networks. Anyone know of any other options?

Soonersports sub.

As far as DirectTV, you have to be clear on the distinction between FSSW and FSOK. They are similar in lots of programming, but FSOK has all the OU programming. Again, FSSW has much of it too, but there's quite a bit that isn't shown. For Uverse at least here in Houston, there are like 5 Fox Sports Southwest affiliates:

1751--FSOK--Gets all the OU content
1753--FSSW--Has a Houston accent and Houston sports will override OU
1755--FSSW--Has a Dallas emphasis and will show Mavericks and Dallas hockey over OU stuff
1756--FSSW--Houston
1757--FSSW alternate--Will show OU stuff sometimes.

When I looked at the DirectTV lineup(at least 3 years ago) they didn't have the Oklahoma option, which again is what shows all the OU content and early non conference OU basketball games.

I don't see any sign that Soonersports is streaming any live games -- am I missing something?

You are not. Received an email response from a person in the department, games will not stream live but will be available soon or shortly after.

Back