Warren's Best Game

StatGeek

Reaction score
I think WWIII had his best game as a Sooner on Saturday. Now I know he has scored more and shot better, but in this game he showed some heart and a willingness to fight for victory. As the game progressed he seemed to drop the pretty boy, to cool for school attitude and just started playing hard. If this becomes his new M.O. the rest of his sophmore campaign will be memorable.

boy%20eating%20popcorn.jpg

I think WWIII had his best game as a Sooner on Saturday. Now I know he has scored more and shot better, but in this game he showed some heart and a willingness to fight for victory. As the game progressed he seemed to drop the pretty boy, to cool for school attitude and just started playing hard. If this becomes his new M.O. the rest of his sophmore campaign will be memorable.

When has WW EVER acted like a "pretty boy, to cool for school"? :ez-laugh:

I thought this was far from his best game. He jacked up 22 shot missing 15 of them and nearly every time he missed a shot he didn't run back on defense.

He is a big shot maker but that comes naturally to him. I give more credit to the guys who did the dirty work like Crocker's 10 rebounds, Cade hounding their shooter all night and not committing a single turnover in 40 minutes and TMG playing hard all 45 minutes.

This was far from his best game, but who hit the 25 foot three to basically ice the game in OT? Thank you, drive thru.

When has WW EVER acted like a "pretty boy, to cool for school"? :ez-laugh:

simply a commentary and his normal attitude, which to me is: Im better than you and I know it so I don't have to play as hard as you. Obviously his mannerisms are up for interpretation.

I claim this to be his "best" game simply because I felt he was less worried about looking good and more worried about doint whatever it took to win.

Oh and one more thing: If the refs had called the game correctly the 7' 3" guy would've fouled out in the first half from WW taking it right at him time and again.

Last edited:
I keep hearing all this talk about WW having a bad attitude. I looked for it during the Utah game and saw NO evidence of a bad attitude. NONE.

for the record, my point was the he didn't show any attitude vs. Utah, he showed a lot of fight and determination. This was supposed to be a positive thread.

I've watched enough OU basketball to have noticed WW acting like a me-first jerk. I've never seen it and wondered where that meme came from. At times he might show emotion or get frustrated, but I like an emotional player.

I've watched enough OU basketball to have noticed WW acting like a me-first jerk. I've never seen it and wondered where that meme came from. At times he might show emotion or get frustrated, but I like an emotional player.

As I have already posted, his mannerisms are up to interpretation. Do you disagree?

Well, last Saturday I felt Willie took a big step forward, but today he took two steps back. This is very disappointing!! I just don't understand what is going on with WWIII. Have we ever had a player that was so Jeckyl/Hyde? I can't think of any.

I really hope Willie can find some peace of mind, not so much for OU anymore, but for himself and his potential basketball career.

For whatever it is worth, Willie was having tons of trouble handling the ball Saturday. I think it affected his game. His crossover wouldn't work and everytime he tried a between the legs move, he lost it.

And it wasn't just him. TMG lost the handle at least a dozen times. He recovered, but it made me think the ball must be extra slick or bouncing oddly.

That's my observation from yesterday. Part of it might have been UNC and their handchecking which the refs permitted but part of it might have been something new about the ball. The guys who went straight to the basket or shot with less than two dribbles had little problem but the guys who tried to create their own shot or break someone down were faltering.

Willie came in with a reputation as a gunner with a bad attitude. I didn't think it was fair. Last year he didn't seem that way at all. I defended him. Going into this season I defended him some more because I still didn't think he was a selfish player and had never seen a bad attitude.

But this year is completely different. I have been to every home game and every time I watch him in warmups, before the game, during the game, during timeouts, after the game, he just walks around. He has yet to go hard in warmups one time this year, something that he and the Griffins did nearly every game last year. It's a sign of preparation and caring about your performance and your team. And it carries over to the game.

Not only does he not run back on defense...a big reason we lost 3 in a row earlier in the season, but he kills our fast breaks and doesn't push the ball this year after we get a stop. He just walks it up. And even when TMG pushes it, WW won't run, so it still kills our break and TMG is forced to pull it out and wait for WW to lope down the floor.

It's really sad. I hope he has a MAJOR attitude change, otherwise we will not be playing in the postseason and he will end his OU career on a bad note.

Back