"We talking about Practice"

Remember, this is a guy who a year ago went on the attack against Ada, of all people, calling him a hater.

Ada is a lot of things, but I'd never call him a hater. :)

The sad part of all of this is that none of this discussion is even occurring if CLK didn't provide the fans with essentially unlimited access to practice, something that nobody else is doing precisely for these reasons. It is the first week of practice, nobody is going to look "great" at this point. Meh, at least we have something to talk about.

Ada is a lot of things, but I'd never call him a hater. :)

Very true. I'd rather think of myself as a peacemaker of sorts, although I have been known to allow my temper to boil over every now and then. ;)

The sad part of all of this is that none of this discussion is even occurring if CLK didn't provide the fans with essentially unlimited access to practice, something that nobody else is doing precisely for these reasons. It is the first week of practice, nobody is going to look "great" at this point. Meh, at least we have something to talk about.

I beg to differ kind sir. While I do not doubt your dedication to our fine team nor your basketball knowledge, I must disagree. This crap was going on last year before open access practices. It's not about disagreements, it's about how to maturely go about disagreeing. Also, I would venture that most teams don't open practices for reasons other than the potential of message board nastiness.

Thank you for your opinion, and for offering me the opportunity to respectfully offer an alternative opinion. You are a gracious and kind man, and an asset to the board. The Borg collective mind shares the singluar opinion that we approve of you being here.

:vitale

Guys, I'm going to ask you two serious questions:

_How many of you think there will actually be a winner in this debate?
_Do any of you believe that anythiing positive will be accomplished when it's over?

Now, go back to the front page and read the outstanding practice report Sam put together. How do you think he feels now that his thread has been hijacked by a senseless argument for the better part of three pages?

If you answered to the affirmitive on just one of my questions, carry on. If not, maybe it's time to get back on topic before someone takes things too far. Just sayin'...

Guys, I'm going to ask you two serious questions:

_How many of you think there will actually be a winner in this debate?
_Do any of you believe that anythiing positive will be accomplished when it's over?

Now, go back to the front page and read the outstanding practice report Sam put together. How do you think he feels now that his thread has been hijacked by a senseless argument for the better part of three pages?

If you answered to the affirmitive on just one of my questions, carry on. If not, maybe it's time to get back on topic before someone takes things too far. Just sayin'...

Good point Ada. I apologize to the board for helping with the hijack....... DONE with it.

We could do without you stirring the pot, Ada

:ez-roll:

My intent was to calm the storm, not to stir the pot or to end what was once a perfectly good thread.

I'm also hoping the practice reports will continue. Sitting too long in one position hurts too much, or I would do it myself. That's one of the reasons I have a great appreciation for someone (anyone) with the patients and the endurance to do it for me/us. You younger guys will know what I mean someday.

Last edited:
:ez-roll:

My intent was to calm the storm, not to stir the pot or to end what was once a perfectly good thread.

I'm also hoping the practice reports will continue. Sitting too long in one position hurts too much, or I would do it myself. That's one of the reasons I have a great appreciation for someone (anyone) with the patients and the endurance to do it for me/us. You younger guys will know what I mean someday.

Haha, I was being extremely sarcastic. You're the voice of reason in this den of delinquents.

:ed

I beg to differ kind sir. While I do not doubt your dedication to our fine team nor your basketball knowledge, I must disagree. This crap was going on last year before open access practices. It's not about disagreements, it's about how to maturely go about disagreeing. Also, I would venture that most teams don't open practices for reasons other than the potential of message board nastiness.

Thank you for your opinion, and for offering me the opportunity to respectfully offer an alternative opinion. You are a gracious and kind man, and an asset to the board. The Borg collective mind shares the singluar opinion that we approve of you being here.

:vitale

This is high quality stuff, I approve.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exOxUAntx8I[/ame]

Sam what is your impression of Sangler, Bennett and Cole?
I really like Spangler around the basket. Its somewhat sterotypical to say, but he comes off "country strong" around the hoop. Going to hit the glass, can finish through contact, etc. Seems like the perfect banger that should be able to hit the occasional jumper. One thing that stands out, how did Capel pass on this kid and sign some of the players he did?

On Bennett, based off the juco stats I wasn't expecting much. But he's blown me away a bit. You can tell he's never been coached like this/at this level so the learning curve can be steep but he's oozing talent. Better bounce than I expected, and of course he's very long. He has Big 12 talent, just needs to get the rest of his game caught up with it.

With Cole he's about where I thought he would be coming out high school. He's from a small school and his senior year of AAU ball was hampered due to a sickness right before the July live period (at least I believe that is right), so he's still like a fish in a new pond or something. He's a bit of a sneaky good athlete and a year of college should only improve that. His jumper is more consistent, even out to the three point range, than I figured. The redshirt year will be a great benefit for him.

How do you think he feels now that his thread has been hijacked by a senseless argument for the better part of three pages?
I feel good knowing that this board hasn't changed. Because if message boards didn't have silly arguments I would really be worried about the Mayans being right.

Back