MissouriNR
53​
South CarolinaNR
65​
GeorgiaNR
67​
VanderbiltNR
96​

Gonna be a long, long next 6 months us for OU fans.
I just try to remember that it’s not the entire athletic department. Sadly, it’s the two sports most of us care about the most that are train wrecks, but the women’s sports and some of the men’s teams are pulling their weight. Unfortunately, that pep talk doesn’t make me feel any better.

i think we'll finish higher. I believe the SEC is always overrated, or has been the last few seasons, and we're used to a tougher conference, although I do think the SEC is a deeper conference than the Big 12 is this year. Hopefully we'll finish much higher...Idk if i can handle 2 horrendous sports seasons back to back. And yes, at least the women's basketball and softball teams are going to be worth watching!

i think we'll finish higher. I believe the SEC is always overrated, or has been the last few seasons, and we're used to a tougher conference, although I do think the SEC is a deeper conference than the Big 12 is this year. Hopefully we'll finish much higher...Idk if i can handle 2 horrendous sports seasons back to back. And yes, at least the women's basketball and softball teams are going to be worth watching!
Hard to say we're used to a tougher conference when you consider how few of our guys were on the team (and therefore playing in the Big 12) last season.

It's worth mentioning that the Sooner women are ranked #10th in the country in the AP preseason poll.

So, does that mean there are three other teams in the SEC that are (or should be) ranked somewhere between No. 1 and No. 9 in the nation?
Obviously the two polls are voted on by different people so there isn't always going to be perfect overlap, but in this case, South Carolina, Texas, and LSU are all in the top 7.

So, does that mean there are three other teams in the SEC that are (or should be) ranked somewhere between No. 1 and No. 9 in the nation?
As it happens, there are three other SEC teams in the AP preseason top 10: South Carolina, texas and LSU.

I got the Lindy's preseason college football magazine, and it also has OU picked 15th in the league. It was apparently written before Jeremiah Fears signed on (and Glen Taylor). But I can't figure out how Mizzou, which went 0-18 in the league and lost something like 24 games, could be picked ahead of us. I guess they recruited well, but I can't see them making that kind of jump.

Back