What impact will extra eligibility have on recruiting?

thebigabd

Reaction score
Are they going to extend the amount of scholarships available to teams? When will players have to decide? Does everyone get extra eligibility or just seniors? If teams oversign because players decided to stay another year, will those recruits have to find somewhere else to play?

I wonder if this decision will force a bunch of redshirts to the next generation of high school seniors that are graduating?

I don't really like the decision... Seems like there will be a chain reaction of negative consequences.

No one uses a year of eligibility this year. Doesn’t matter what class you are.

Maybe one of Lon's project bigs will finally pay off after 6 years.

I don’t like it. If you choose to opt out I’d say you get a free redshirt year. If you play you should use a year.

so we could get everyone back next yr....

I'd think that would effect recruiting Fr coming in or recent signees...seeing est Sr that they have to fight for time when they assumed they'd be gone.

I posted about this a month ago or so.

So it's official...bball is also doing this with fball?

so we could get everyone back next yr....

I'd think that would effect recruiting Fr coming in or recent signees...seeing est Sr that they have to fight for time when they assumed they'd be gone.

I posted about this a month ago or so.

So it's official...bball is also doing this with fball?

Yea the biggest impact will be on the entire incoming freshman class. I could see players that wanted to go to high majors switch to other schools because the team has no scholarships, or available PT, etc because everyone got an extra year of eligibility.

I don't like it. I know Covid isn't fair to the players, but they are getting free education and are playing basketball... Plus, there is no guarantee that next season will be any different. We still may have Covid next year.

Yea the biggest impact will be on the entire incoming freshman class. I could see players that wanted to go to high majors switch to other schools because the team has no scholarships, or available PT, etc because everyone got an extra year of eligibility.

I don't like it. I know Covid isn't fair to the players, but they are getting free education and are playing basketball... Plus, there is no guarantee that next season will be any different. We still may have Covid next year.

there should be 0 effect on Scholarship numbers next season

basketball is planning on doing the same thing as football

if you are a senior this year and come back next year your scholarship will not count against the 13 ...

things get more complicated in the 3 years following

there should be 0 effect on Scholarship numbers next season

basketball is planning on doing the same thing as football

if you are a senior this year and come back next year your scholarship will not count against the 13 ...

things get more complicated in the 3 years following

Makes sense. Thanks, Boulder!

I hope we never see a year like 2020 again. Still, lots of things to be thankful for!

Back