What kind of numbers do you expect from TMG?

thebigabd

Reaction score
What kind of numbers do you expect from TMG?

10 PPG, 4 APG, 2.5 RPG, 2.5 TO, 2 Stls 44% FG 34% 3-pt 75% FT 23 Mins

I based these off of Drew Lavender's freshman stats of 11.3 PPG, 3.9 APG. TMG is taller and stronger, but will likely not be asked to score as much as Drew. I am a huge Drew fan but I believe TMG is a better player with a higher ceiling.

Last edited:
7 points 3.1 assists 2 turnovers

I think if Willie plays the point and is the guy it'll be tough for TMG to really get going. I think he'll get better as the year goes on, but he'll have his growing pains.

I think TMG has to be a huge part of the team to be successful

By The Time Conference Play Starts-

10ppg, 6assists, 2 turnovers.

9 and 5 would be enough for me, if he just brings a playmaking influence then I will be very happy. Tiny and Willie will do more then enough scoring.

The only statistic that matters for point guards is wins. So the number I expect from TMG is 28-30.

/blowhard-radio-host-shouting-cliches

9.5 points and 3.5 assists. He will have a good year.

For you 5+ assist guys...

Only 3 guys in the Big 12 averaged more than 5 assists per game, and only one of them over 6. The leading freshman assist guy was Dogus Balbay at 3.15.

John Roberson 6.42
Byron Eaton averaged 5.69
Diante Garrett 5.03

9.5 points and 3.5 assists. He will have a good year.

This is what I am hoping for.

Drew Lavendar averaged 11.4 and just under 4 assists a game as a freshman. He started the season with Bookout (meaning some easier assists) but finished with almost no one left. I would say that was a less experienced and talented team than this years team (03/04 returned J. Brown, Bookout, Alexander, J. Williams and Detrick).

I think TMG is probably a slightly better player and will therefore put up slightly better numbers. I would guess about 12 points and 5 assists per game.

I hope the guy averages 2 (or more) steals a game and a few boards. Everyone always focuses on points and assists but steals and rebounds are just as important. Scoring a 105 points a game is irrelevant if the other team scores 106.

Drew Lavendar averaged 11.4 and just under 4 assists a game as a freshman. He started the season with Bookout (meaning some easier assists) but finished with almost no one left. I would say that was a less experienced and talented team than this years team (03/04 returned J. Brown, Bookout, Alexander, J. Williams and Detrick).

I think TMG is probably a slightly better player and will therefore put up slightly better numbers. I would guess about 12 points and 5 assists per game.

I hope the guy averages 2 (or more) steals a game and a few boards. Everyone always focuses on points and assists but steals and rebounds are just as important. Scoring a 105 points a game is irrelevant if the other team scores 106.

You have to factor in that OU that year had to rely on him and Alexander to score because of all the injuries that team had. They didn't really have a choice. TMG may not even start over Warren if he takes a role as the point guard like he wants to. That was a factor in my averages.

Our lineup next year could be Warren, Cade Davis/Stephen Pledger(based off the practice reports), Crocker, then 2 posts one probably being Tiny. The other could be Allen or Wright. TMG could be a bench player this year.

The reason that I have a lower assist average for TMG than I did in previous threads is because TMG will end up sharing some PG time with Willie, and therefore, share some of the assist numbers.

The reason that I have a lower assist average for TMG than I did in previous threads is because TMG will end up sharing some PG time with Willie, and therefore, share some of the assist numbers.

You are probably correct but the other side of that coin is that he and Willie should have some nice breaks and ideally Willie would get the ball in TMG hands (as much as possible) so Willie can finish. Willie is just so strong at finishing that it makes good sense to give the ball to TMG so the defense has to either give TMG an easy basket (because they deny Willie the ball) or an easy assist because the force the pass and Willie converts.

10 and 4 is my best guess. I think the team will be successful if he averages double figures.

I don't imagine WW having a high number of assists. He's going to be doing a whole heckuva lot of scoring and the old alley oop to Blake isn't going to be there this year.

You are probably correct but the other side of that coin is that he and Willie should have some nice breaks and ideally Willie would get the ball in TMG hands (as much as possible) so Willie can finish. Willie is just so strong at finishing that it makes good sense to give the ball to TMG so the defense has to either give TMG an easy basket (because they deny Willie the ball) or an easy assist because the force the pass and Willie converts.
Excellent post.

Back