What we need

What was the length and athleticism like at Loyola? Surely not much different than he's had at OU. Krutwig certainly wasn't overly athletic, but he was smart and coached up well.

There are outliers everywhere......I mean we had Ernie Abercrombie at one time who may have been all of 6'4" playing inside but he was a better player than Hill in almost every possible way. Not to mention Loyola doesn't play in the Big 12 so you can get away with less length and less athleticism.

We have gone back and forth over this for days. Hill is a good player but he is NOT elite and he has limitations.....we want to improve, we need better players. I've already said I would willingly keep Hill but I would prefer him

A. coming off the bench for a better player

or

B. being more of a role player and not a guy we rely on to carry us.

If either of those things happen it means we are a better basketball team, which is the long-term goal for everyone of us on here.

But, him entering the portal means we simply use the scholarship to HOPEFULLY replace him with a better player. There are guys I PERSONALLY think are better players in the portal...hopefully we can get some of them.

Last edited:
I b!tched about it all season....we didn't even try to run or get out in transition near enough. We obviously didn't have the roster makeup to get into track meets, but I thought we were way too conservative in trying to control the pace. We potentially missed several baskets per game (and/or FT opportunities) by deliberately slowing down and it could've made a difference in a few of our close games. I also noticed on our defensive boards, in many instances, our guys weren't even looking up the floor for opportunities....maybe this was intentional?

We cant make layups anway.. but yeah, agreed. We rarely get "freebies" or easy layups. And we NEVER crash the offensive glass for any easy put backs either.

I think pm plays "losing" basketball. You have to be very efficient in the fewer looks you get AND there will be less or no easy buckets than the teams were playing against. No or less wiggle room to have bad nights. Have to essentially play great or above to eek out any wins, even against powerhouse Sam Houston State

I b!tched about it all season....we didn't even try to run or get out in transition near enough. We obviously didn't have the roster makeup to get into track meets, but I thought we were way too conservative in trying to control the pace. We potentially missed several baskets per game (and/or FT opportunities) by deliberately slowing down and it could've made a difference in a few of our close games. I also noticed on our defensive boards, in many instances, our guys weren't even looking up the floor for opportunities....maybe this was intentional?

Yeah, and while we weren't athletic and that usually means playing slow is advisable, we also didn't have the bigs to play 40 minutes in the halfcourt. We should have looked for more chances to get out in transition, like we did against Bama. Especially when we had three point guards on the floor. Playing slow only works if you execute really well and don't turn it over, and we failed on both fronts.

Back