Which players will probably redshirt?

Big Old Booger

Reaction score
I've been hanging out on the football boards and am just now getting amped up for basketball. I wish the game were on full court, but maybe next time...

Anyway, of the current roster, who are the candidates to redshirt?

Will Cade Davis get any PT this year?

Hardrick is the only guy that redshirts barring injury.

I agree, doubt anyone will. Hardrick will never be much of a factor at OU so I don't see them wasting a redshirt on him.

I agree, doubt anyone will. Hardrick will never be much of a factor at OU so I don't see them wasting a redshirt on him.

I think he redshirts more because of injuries than anything else. But saying he won't factor is jumping the gun too early.

If he won't be a factor, then why did we give him a scholarship? I'm confused...

Redshirts pretty much never happen in basketball, for several reasons.

If he won't be a factor, then why did we give him a scholarship? I'm confused...

He was Capel's first commitment. At the time he was ranked highly due to the expectation that he would grow more, but he didn't. We honored the offer and scholarship, however.

He was Capel's first commitment. At the time he was ranked highly due to the expectation that he would grow more, but he didn't. We honored the offer and scholarship, however.

This! He did play a couple of minutes last night to back my point up. Had we waited until his junior or senior season to evaluate him...we never would have offered. The walk-on/transfer kid Honore(sp?) is a much better player, but he has to sit out a year. Nothing personal against Kyle, he's just not high D-1 material.

you must be ready to play at any given moment,thats why u practice all week.This kid was not ready.

I really don't think that anyone will, Booger. Glad to see you back.

The team does have a guy that is sitting out this year due to transfering (Barry Honore).

Back