Who does YOUR game compare to?

SoonerfanTU

Banned
Reaction score
What current NBA player, style-wise (not talent) did your game most resemble when you were at your best.

I'd say mine was Ray Allen.

I don't equate Ray with being very athletic, as far as NBA players go.....but he plays smart, and his athleticism can sneak up on you. I was a jump shooter that could get to the rim if I was crowed by the defender. Ray does the little things right, and is underrated as a defender, which was the other thing I excelled at.

Thought this might be an interesting thread.

Quentin Richardson....

I never shoot unless its a 3pt shot. I also play no defense, never rebound, and never contribute anything other than humor and 3's.

Sean Bradley minus 12 inches in height.

Would the Washington Generals be considered 'Professional' basketball?!?

:woot

Quentin Richardson....

I never shoot unless its a 3pt shot. I also play no defense, never rebound, and never contribute anything other than humor and 3's.

LOL. ABD, probably your funniest post.

Soonerfan,
This is a hilarious thread so far. Nice idea.

I'm still trying to think who I'm like.

defensively=Bill Laimbeer, I loved playing tough defense and didn't mind getting a little dirty.
offensively=Larry Bird, I loved shooting the 3 and was never a real fast or athletic guy, but was crafty and always managed to score points.

I used to play alot of pick up ball and was called both Bill and Larry on serveral occasions, at the time I was a little offended. Since both of those guys were old and retired and I wanted to be James Stackhouse. But now that I have seen both of those guys in classic games and watching them play, I realize it was a compliment.

Let's see... Austin Johnson played a lot like me, but he's not the NBA... I'll say maybe Thabo Sefolosha. Kinda long & gangly, not a great shooter, can do different things. Probably a better defender than offensive player.

I am not sure I can answer this but I do believe my practice habits were quite similar to Allen Iverson's.

Rodman (although not as athletic, can't jump as high, no tattoos, and I'm white). Used to be a lot like Laimbeer, but can't hardly score any more - just lost it almost completely (ala Rodman).

Play really good defense, frustrate the crap outta the guy I'm defending, block a lot of shots of guys with a significant height advantage. Always having a good time...peeves the guys who take a pick-up game a little too serious.

I have some of the same qualities of many NBA stars of the past and present.

I have Kurt Rambis-like athletic ability, Avery Johnson's height, Mark Eaton's speed and Tracy McGrady's durability.

Less athletic drew lavender +5 inches eventually lost my 3pt shot and haven't ever recovered..

Robert Horry.

I may not have been the best at any one thing, but I was always willing and able to take/hit last second shots. I remember taking more than my share, and making more than my share. I guess that's why I always liked Horry's game - except he is about a million times better than I ever was.lol

Last edited:
Back