Who guards Sloan?

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Donald is the key cog that makes the Turge machine work. I am assuming that TMG will take Dash Harris (or Holmes if he starts). The ags started freshman Khris Middleton (6-7 freshman) against Texas.

I actually think we may be able to get away with our 4 guard line up against these guys since they have also been starting 6-7 Nathan Walkup.

My question is do you challenge Willie by putting him on Sloan, or do you try and get Cade or Crock to guard him and put Willie on Middleton (who settles for a lot of long jumpers)?

Going to be interesting to see what Capel does when we are not in zone.

I'd put Cade or Crocker on him, to start with. Willie is just too inconsistent on defense. It'll take a team effort though. No way we should let him alone beat us.

I'm more worried about who's going to guard Bryan Davis. Tiny might pick up three fouls in the first 30 seconds. This is where we could really use Juan Pattillo's services. I guess Ryan Wright's going to have to step up again.

I'm more worried about who's going to guard Bryan Davis. Tiny might pick up three fouls in the first 30 seconds. This is where we could really use Juan Pattillo's services. I guess Ryan Wright's going to have to step up again.

I don't think Patillo had the strength to guard him.

This is where we could have used a good Ryan Wright, or Orlando Allen. Hopefully Wright will show up again.

Byran Davis is more of a scrapper than a legitimate offensive post threat. Loubeau has better post moves. Whoever plays him just needs to work on keeping him 10 feet away from the basket and not go for the 2-3 pump fakes that he gives. A&M is very hard nosed even without Roland but I think this is a good matchup for OU. If Willie plays with desire and the OU freshmen can keep their composure on the road, OU can get this win.

Byran Davis is more of a scrapper than a legitimate offensive post threat. Loubeau has better post moves. Whoever plays him just needs to work on keeping him 10 feet away from the basket and not go for the 2-3 pump fakes that he gives. A&M is very hard nosed even without Roland but I think this is a good matchup for OU. If Willie plays with desire and the OU freshmen can keep their composure on the road, OU can get this win.

I agree regarding Davis, DFW. The key to defending him is to not leave your feet on his fakes and stay in control of your body. He often recklessly attacks the rim with off-balanced, low % drives with the intent of you fouling him or you being out of position so that he can get the rebound and have an easy lay up. He plays with a tremendous amount of effort and heart.

Tiny will be fine, He has held his own against every post player he has played

Tiny will be fine, He has held his own against every post player he has played

I have no doubt he'll be productive at the offensive end of the floor, but you have to admit he does get into foul trouble. You can bet Turgeon will attack him early.

Back