A Look at #1 Seed Virginia (30-3)

Barely scored more in this entire game than we scored in the first half against Ole Miss. We actually had lots of open looks, just couldn't knock them down. I really think the starters needed to play a lot more in this game. We hung tough with them with our first group out there.

we did have a lot of open looks....hit them Friday, not today.

Honestly our only hope was to shoot like we did Friday, at least in the sense of making the few open shots we got. We couldn't do that, especially during a stretch in the middle of the first half. They are a phenomenal team. We actually did some decent things, took care of the ball, didn't get hurt from three, Reynolds played well off the bench. I think an effective Muni could have helped against their athletic big. We also did a good job on Hunter. He will be picked between 5 and 10 in June.

well...

Softball #2
Baseball #25
Gymn both #1

Spring isn't over...:woot

Ugly game but i knew it would be. I thought our guys played really hard though.

UVA was the better team, but our guys played hard. Would have made UVA sweat, or possibly beaten them, had it not been for Freeman and Calixte. Freeman could not defend the pick and roll to save his life, and UVA knew it. Went after him play after play and got good looks every single time. Can't wait for our freshmen to get on campus.

UVA was the better team, but our guys played hard. Would have made UVA sweat, or possibly beaten them, had it not been for Freeman and Calixte. Freeman could not defend the pick and roll to save his life, and UVA knew it. Went after him play after play and got good looks every single time. Can't wait for our freshmen to get on campus.

6'9 slow footed dude...it's hard to move....just who he is.

Please grad transfer or go home Freeman.

Other than that, congrats to the guys on a good season. Should be good momentum going in to next year, where I think we have a shot at sweet 16 and beyond.

They saved this season with the win Friday. But kruger has a lotn to change still

Please grad transfer or go home Freeman.

Other than that, congrats to the guys on a good season. Should be good momentum going in to next year, where I think we have a shot at sweet 16 and beyond.

Very classy. I'm sure you are much better than Freeman. Way to take a needless personal shot at a kid who was by all accounts a model teammate for 3+ years.

Some of y’all sound dumb as hell. This team was overmatched against Virginia, who lost THREE games all year. This team overachieved this year. They fought and scrapped to overcome some serious limitations. Losing tonight does not mean they are “crap,” it just means you had no idea what you were watching.

It was a tough one and we all knew that going in, but I like the way the guys responded and didn't let the game get out of hand. UVA plays their style of ball as well as anyone and they are a #1 seed for a reason. Outside of missing some open 3s and a couple of bad passes, we played about as well as expected given the circumstances.

Someone mentioned above in the thread.....that this season can be a good learning experience for the returning guys. Had we won a few more tight games during the season, we are likely playing against a 3 or 4 seed instead of a 1 seed in our second game. Thus, I hope this is something that sticks with the guys going into the offseason......every game counts and finding ways to claw out additional wins can only help in the long haul of the season.

And no need to dawg certain players. We all know there are some guys on this team that have limitations.....let's just leave it at that.

Virginia is the better team by a country mile. Some act like Lon cost us the game by playing freeman. OU was never gonna win this game.

Next season we will have a much better roster and hopefully take a huge step forward.

Very classy. I'm sure you are much better than Freeman. Way to take a needless personal shot at a kid who was by all accounts a model teammate for 3+ years.

Apparently this board has turned into the go-to place for people who need to anonymously take shots at unpaid amateur athletes to make themselves feel better. It's an embarrassment.

Back