Why did Willie wave Tiny off?

pnkranger

Reaction score
The big dude would set up down low with a good seal, and WW would continuously wave him out of the way to isolate his man. Tiny needs to man up and tell Willie to pass him the ball in the post or else. Tiny is 300 pounds and a bad ass around the hoop. He needs to let WW know as much and demand that ball. You can carry this team, big fella. WW cannot.

Same reason that he slapped Tiny's hand away when he tried to help him stretch out a cramp.

I agree. Tiny is the man.

I don't disagree, but on the flip side, I'm sick of watching Tiny miss bunnies inside. Make the layup, or dunk the ball Tiny.

Tiny as a freshman can only say so much to WW. Coach needs to intervene.

I think both Willie and TMG need to make more of an effort to get the ball down low to Tiny in the traditional half court set. Both of those guys do a nice job of finding him after they have penetrated, but I want to see them make more entry passes from the wing and reward the big man for getting nice position.

Willie was doing a good job of drawing a foul on Anderson in iso, or else Anderson would back away and leave WW with a good shot. I don't mind that at all. Tiny definitely needs to watch some BG film and learn to dunk if he's anywhere near the rim

Coach told WWIII that when he had Anderson on him to drive to the hoop because he could take him or get a foul so a few of those were because of that.

it's called smart basketball

Everytime willie was in isolation he scored or got to the line...that is where the leader in him (that we dont see enough) comes out...

it was very obvious that OSU couldnt stay in front of him...

I was waving Tiny off as well from the stands...

it's called smart basketball

Everytime willie was in isolation he scored or got to the line...that is where the leader in him (that we dont see enough) comes out...

it was very obvious that OSU couldnt stay in front of him...

I was waving Tiny off as well from the stands...

There is a school of thought with one on one players that sometimes bringing a pick actually brings harder defenses. Alot of one on one guys would prefer you to take your man away from the basket than bring a pick to it. WW is alot better in space than he is in traffic, clearly. I don't think it's anything against Tiny. Also, Tiny is setting the pick because he wants the basketball, which is fine. Their needs to be a balance between the two.

There is a school of thought with one on one players that sometimes bringing a pick actually brings harder defenses. Alot of one on one guys would prefer you to take your man away from the basket than bring a pick to it. WW is alot better in space than he is in traffic, clearly. I don't think it's anything against Tiny. Also, Tiny is setting the pick because he wants the basketball, which is fine. Their needs to be a balance between the two.

agreed...each game Capel is just going to have to see how teams defend the pick and roll, if they dont trap it then i would say continue doing so...but if they trap then clear it out for WW...

Same reason that he slapped Tiny's hand away when he tried to help him stretch out a cramp.

that was kinda weird, but Tiny was pretty "forward" about coming right up and grabbing Warren's foot and back of thigh to work the cramp. did make the right diagnosis, since that's what Alex Brown did right away. but, while the slap wasn't polite can't blame WW (in pain) for wanting the guy who gets paid to do it...to do it.

SoonerfanTU, Tiny is shooting 55.8 % from the field, he's not missing that many!!!!

SoonerfanTU, Tiny is shooting 55.8 % from the field, he's not missing that many!!!!

Tiny, we get the point. You want the ball. We want you to get the ball. Personally I think you should get it first. But there's more to this game than getting the ball and the pick and roll.

DM, What is your point? Are you saying that tiny don't need more shots? Sounds like you think you are talking to Tiny! It also sounds like you have a guard mentality and do not understand that you have got to have a post presence to win ball games. AKA "10-6" I can tell by this and your previous posts that you are not a Tiny fan!! I am!! You always respond with your oppinion (never a good one about Tiny) but you never mention stats. The stats don't lie!!!!

DM, What is your point? Are you saying that tiny don't need more shots? Sounds like you think you are talking to Tiny! It also sounds like you have a guard mentality and do not understand that you have got to have a post presence to win ball games. AKA "10-6" I can tell by this and your previous posts that you are not a Tiny fan!! I am!! You always respond with your oppinion (never a good one about Tiny) but you never mention stats. The stats don't lie!!!!

I hope we give Tiny the ball 100 times against Mizzou on Saturday. Feed the big fella!

I hope we give Tiny the ball 100 times against Mizzou on Saturday. Feed the big fella!

Agreed...we have a big advantage down low with Tiny against Mizzou. Their posts are versatile but don't have the beef Tiny does. I hope we take it to them in the half-court.

Tiny is a future lottery pick!! the kid is a monster, missouri doesnt have any size, Tiny might just go for 25 and 20!!!!!! GO SOONERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back