Will Yeguette and Majok Majok

Sam

Reaction score
We need one of these two badly, either one would be a great option at the 4 next year next to Tiny.

Yeguette is an "undersized" 4 that works his tail off on the offensive glass.
Hard-nosed forward who relies on his motor for success. Can rebound his area and in traffic. Could be a mid-range perimeter threat in college. Pursues basketballs hard and is tough to account for. Classic undersized, blue collar forward.
- scout

Majok is athletic who is a little more raw than Will but adds athletic ability, something I believe we are lacking in the post, Ryan Wright is our only "agile" post player
Majok has a tremendous upside and his basketball days lie ahead of him. He has very good length as well as ample strength that allows him to rebound the ball in traffic on both ends of the floor. He also has good leaping ability, though he needs to continue to work on his ability to finish around the hoop in traffic. He runs the floor very well and can score on the break with relative ease. He can also his the short jumper in the 10-feet range, but he also needs to continue to work on his post moves and footwork with his back to the basket.
- ESPN

Given that I am not too positive about Terrence Jones and Nidaye seems like he will be waiting till the last minute in May I think with the apparent need in the post it is important to get one if not both of these guys.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBf6sBSCerw[/ame]

I hope so, I've read on a couple scout articles that a coaching staff member has or will have been out to scout them recently. Pretty darn sure we need two post kids to come in and the possibility to get both Jones and Nidaye seems like a long shot.

Seems as if Aziz and Jones have similar schools on their list. In order to get Jones, we need a true center. He has not interest in playing center. I can see him on the court with Fitz though. Fitz as the low post and Jones freelancing.

We need one of these two badly, either one would be a great option at the 4 next year next to Tiny.

Yeguette is an "undersized" 4 that works his tail off on the offensive glass.
- scout

Majok is athletic who is a little more raw than Will but adds athletic ability, something I believe we are lacking in the post, Ryan Wright is our only "agile" post player
- ESPN

Given that I am not too positive about Terrence Jones and Nidaye seems like he will be waiting till the last minute in May I think with the apparent need in the post it is important to get one if not both of these guys.

I am not saying OU does not need one or both of these guys but I would say Tiny is agile and a really good athlete, especially for his size.

Tiny is a good athlete given he is 6'10 290-300 range but isn't really a prototypical 4 given the amount of athletic 4s in the Big 12 (Singeltary, Brackins, Morris etc). Neither is Drew unless he works greatly on his lateral quickness during the off season. That is what I am referring to as Ryan as our only "agile" post player.

Back