Willie had 6 turnovers, everyone else had 4.

The reason we went nuts is because the refs had been so bad all night and we support our team. We were fed up. It's the same reason Capel got a technical. Not because of one call, but because the refs sucked all night.

They called more fouls on Texas Tech... I thought the officiating was fine. I didn't see any bad calls except a flop by Crocker and they missed 2 charges on Singletary driving to the basket.

Pretty standard stuff though.. Other than that the officiating was fine.

Yea, the crowd and team went nuts on that foul. Crocker was trailing Singletary who was about to dunk it and he tore his arm off, lol. It was probably the easiest call of the night to make and everyone went nuts.

I heard the sound of the hand contact the ball from my front row student section (behind the goal) seat. Tony may have caught some arm on the follow through, but that's clean to anyone who has ever played bball. Bad call by a terrible official (short, gray-haired scrub with little man syndrome). He couldn't let his partner, who was in much better position underneath the goal, make the call cuz he has to be in the spotlight.

Even so we had 2 chances to win and we inexplicably shot 2 3-pointers. Get the ball to Tiny who had been dominating (insert terrible, slow, foreigner here) all second half. Sometimes I think Capel defers to the guards too much.

Almost forgot to mention that the scrub official didn't even know who to call the foul on. He charged it to WWIII, who was by the 3-point line! Moral of the story: He didn't see sh!t.

I heard the sound of the hand contact the ball from my front row student section (behind the goal) seat. Tony may have caught some arm on the follow through, but that's clean to anyone who has ever played bball. Bad call by a terrible official (short, gray-haired scrub with little man syndrome). He couldn't let his partner, who was in much better position underneath the goal, make the call cuz he has to be in the spotlight.

Even so we had 2 chances to win and we inexplicably shot 2 3-pointers. Get the ball to Tiny who had been dominating (insert terrible, slow, foreigner here) all second half. Sometimes I think Capel defers to the guards too much.

Lol...no it's not. Just because the ball was depossessed cleanly doesn't mean following through and tangling up Singletary is not a foul.

Using your example, it wouldn't be a foul if the ball was blocked cleanly up top on a shot, but the defender made body contact below.

Using your example, it wouldn't be a foul if the ball was blocked cleanly up top on a shot, but the defender made body contact below.

Depending of the official, this may or may not be called, as we've all seen.

I thought every "bad" call was validated on replay. I didn't have a problem with the officating.

We are just better with TMG running the show than when WW is running the show. To bad, we Capel can't get WW to see this and accept a lesser role on the wing.

As far as the TT game, I thought Capel hit it on the head after the game when he said we were passive on offense and just spent most of the game shooting 3 point shots instead of forcing the ball inside. Defensively, we were inconsistent with effort.

In short, if you are going to end every possession with a 22 foot jumpshot then you better hit some of them or you are going to lose.

I also thought our defensive rebounding was lazy. We gave up way too many second chance points in the game.

All in all, I wasn't too down about the game, as I saw sparks of improvement. Good effort overall, Tiny showed flashes, and tough play by a bunch of kids that were hurt and sick. Just needed to hit one or two more shots and we would have won.

Depending on which team you are rooting for, this may or may not be a foul.

Believe it or not, I watch plenty of games where I don't have a dog in the fight. Since I've seen it called and not called in many games where I didn't have a rooting interest, I'll continue to be a firm believer in the maddening lack of consistency in officiating.

It's always been amazing to me that people who have such high standards for coaches and players don't have equally high standards for officiating.

AM I the only one that thought TMG did run the show almost exclusively? He is the man and I think WW sees that and deferred to him throughout the game. That doesn't mean that WW can't handle the ball on occasion to change things up and make something happen, but it was clear to me that TMG is the PG

AM I the only one that thought TMG did run the show almost exclusively? He is the man and I think WW sees that and deferred to him throughout the game. That doesn't mean that WW can't handle the ball on occasion to change things up and make something happen, but it was clear to me that TMG is the PG

I'm not good at figuring out exactly who is running the show. :) But I thought I heard someone comment that when we run a play that is designed for TMG to take the shot, he has to give up the ball to someone else in order to get it back in a good position to take his shot.

It's always been amazing to me that people who have such high standards for coaches and players don't have equally high standards for officiating.

it isn't an easy job.

no one expects a player to hit 100% of 3s. no one expects a coach to sign every recruit. it isn't realistic to expect an official to get every call right either.

it isn't an easy job.

no one expects a player to hit 100% of 3s. no one expects a coach to sign every recruit. it isn't realistic to expect an official to get every call right either.

Except we do have fans who expect more from players and coaches than they do from officials.

TMG has to run the show, especially until WW is 100%. TMG is better with the ball in his hands.

Almost forgot to mention that the scrub official didn't even know who to call the foul on. He charged it to WWIII, who was by the 3-point line! Moral of the story: He didn't see sh!t.

100% correct ... he didn't see anything he was just guessing

What's your point?

That no officials are perfect, and that that crew has been around awhile, and has been applauded, by those that matter, on their officiating. Again, doesn't mean they are perfect, but they aren't "poor" officials.

Back