Willie - Shows he is a great teammate

buttermaker1

Reaction score
I wonder if OU fans and sports media morons have whiffed on WW's love for OU basketball and the team. Many including this poster questioned his attitude, effort and team first mentality.

I watched WW's behavior and body language last night, he was fired up and cheering hard from the bench.

I hope this wedge inserted by the Media morons between WW and the fan base doesn't cause him to leave this year. For one he is not ready for the NBA, another year playing college ball would do him wonders.

Thanks Willie hang in there

I wonder if OU fans and sports media morons have whiffed on WW's love for OU basketball and the team. Many including this poster questioned his attitude, effort and team first mentality.

I watched WW's behavior and body language last night, he was fired up and cheering hard from the bench.

I hope this wedge inserted by the Media morons between WW and the fan base doesn't cause him to leave this year. For one he is not ready for the NBA, another year playing college ball would do him wonders.

Thanks Willie hang in there

He is gone after this year. No doubt in my mind.

He won't be a lotto if he goes this year

Regardless, WW is a lotto in his own mind, and somebody else will likely convince him as well.

Get mad at me if you want, but I think OU basketball will be better without him.

I hope this wedge inserted by the Media morons between WW and the fan base doesn't cause him to leave this year.

"Wedge inserted by the Media morons"??????
The media hasn't caused any of the off the court issues.

Seems like I remember Willie going through a similar experience when he was in high school. He left his Dallas-area school to go to the N.C. prep school, got homesick, came back and had to win over his teammates again. His team won the state championship that year.

I'm hopeful that he comes back next year just to get the bad taste of this season out of his and our mouths. I want OU players to do well while they're here and after they leave and Willie's reputation could use a restart by coming back next season, though would not be surprised to see him leave.

"Wedge inserted by the Media morons"??????
The media hasn't caused any of the off the court issues.

Yes they have you don't follow OU BB and the media opinions as close as we do I would reframe from acting like you do. That would be like me telling a hawk fan in KS what was what with KU BB, Media morons and fans.

Yes they have you don't follow OU BB and the media opinions as close as we do I would reframe from acting like you do. That would be like me telling a hawk fan in KS what was what with KU BB, Media morons and fans.

So you are saying the media has wrongly accused WW of lacking some effort?
You're saying he's gave full effort every game?
Hasn't WW been suspended a game this year and last year for issues? Was that caused by the media?
I'm really interested to hear. This is the first time I've heard all of the WW stuff blamed on the media.
Didn't WW and AJ have an off the court issue last year? Was that the media?
I would LOVE it if all the WW drama was behind us but to blame it all on the media and act like WW didn't have a part in it is silly. Hopefully he's learned from it. Everyone makes mistakes...but I don't see this as the media's fault. Again if I'm wrong please let me know how....I haven't read any negative media reports here.

Last edited:

Please. Read the posts on this board regarding WW over the last couple of months...its mostly negative, and this is from die hard OU hoops fans that care enough to visit and post on this website on a regular basis. This website gives you proof that the fans have been fed up with his antics WAY before the media ever got involved. You are flat out wrong on this one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back