Willie Warren is back!

AdaSooner

Admin Emeritus
Reaction score
I'm not talking about his ability to score and take over a game when he wants to do it, I mean his swagger and the determination we have seen from him in the past that led to a great performance, like the one we saw today.

More importantly, I didn't see him pout even once or get down on himself when he missed a shot. He was chest-bumping his teammates and taking charge in the huddles, by getting in everyone's face and urging them to play harder. We have our leader now, folks! The old Willie Warren is back!!! :woot

I saw these same things as well. He was really encouraging his teamates today. Willie just needs to be more consistent at doing these things. He has some leadership ability, but it must be used in good times and in bad. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

He played well in almost all phases of the game. He had a few turnovers but that's really it. He defended real well, Scored when he had to. Passed the ball well several times to get it to an open Ryan Wright and had some other really solid passes. He had about 5 boards. Great game from WW.

Turnovers were still a problem, but I liked the fact that today when the game was on the line late, he wanted the ball and made his fts.

Willie deserves every kudo he is getting. He has stepped up and played hard. Really pleased with his effort.

OK, I busted on WW the other day (for good reason) but I will give him props today as he worked his butt off all over the floor. Bring that game and OU can make the tourney and do a few things. Good game WW!!!

Turnovers were still a problem, but I liked the fact that today when the game was on the line late, he wanted the ball and made his fts.

Mizzou is a team that turns everyone over so I'm looking past those turnovers. Today was WW's best all around game this year.

Did anybody expect anything less from Willie? Seriously. The best predictor of the future is past performance. Willie Warren is a winner. Always has been, always will be.

He is going to be one heck of an NBA point guard. He has great court vision, can beat anybody off the dribble and thread the needle.

Did anybody expect anything less from Willie?

Should we keep our eyes peeled for your Cade Davis appreciation thread, boca?

Edit: I see you did indeed start one -- nice going.

Hopefully Willie realizes that he can't win the game by himself. Part of being a leader is getting your teammates involved. I would rather have him hand out 15 assists than score 40 points a game. The team will be good if he gets the all of his teammates involved in the game.

I'm not talking about his ability to score and take over a game when he wants to do it, I mean his swagger and the determination we have seen from him in the past that led to a great performance, like the one we saw today.

More importantly, I didn't see him pout even once or get down on himself when he missed a shot. He was chest-bumping his teammates and taking charge in the huddles, by getting in everyone's face and urging them to play harder. We have our leader now, folks! The old Willie Warren is back!!! :woot

Great to see WW doing his thing today!!!! Let's keep it going.
:clap:clap

I appreciate your enthusiasm, but we have to see him bring the same attitude on the road. We play at A&M and at Tech this week. If Willie plays with the same poise and confidence, we can say he's back.

This is the :airwillie that we need to see for the rest of the season!!!

I focused in on Willie playing defense a couple times in the second half and he was really digging in and playing some downright nasty D with a snarl on his face.

He was also really into praising his teammates. If you remember, we had a long shot attempt at the end of the first half. Tiny was on our offensive end (the far end of the court from the tunnel) and after that shot at the buzzer by Cade Tiny was exhausted and slowly walking back clearly frustrated from his play in the first half.

Well here comes Willie jogging back from the tunnel into to slap Tiny on the rear and give him a few more words of encouragement as they walked off the court.

Here's what I don't get. Willie had great numbers, that's for sure. And he didn't pout today that I could see. What I can see in person, though, is that unless Willie has the ball in a position to make a play, he is not moving at full speed. He's just going through the motions. I noticed toward the end of the game that changed. But for the first 30 minutes or so, there wasn't much hustle unless he had the ball with a chance to make a play. Why not play hard all of the time? This team has the potential to be GREAT if these guys decide to give 100% all of the time!

I've been critical of WW this year but today I have nothing but good things to say about his effort today. Thanks Willie!

Two games in a row that I have seen him bring it on defense. He did a really nice job on English tonight. I also saw him look for the open man more on his drives upon receiving the double and triple teams. I thought he played one of his better games of the year (all around) tonight.

Really good to see.

Back