Willie Warren on Ryan Wright

StatGeek

Reaction score
saw this quote, thought it was funny.

Sophomore Guard Willie Warren
On the importance of other teammates stepping up in today’s game:
“That was huge for us. Tiny (Gallon) was out this game, Crock (Tony Crocker) went out. So now it’s like OK, what are we going to do? Me and Tiny aren’t going to be able to do everything. Pledge (Steven Pledger) came in and played like 36, 38 minutes for us and hit some big shots for us. Cade (Davis) came in and played fantastic and this is probably the best game I’ve seen Ryan (Wright) play since I’ve been here. Just all-out aggressive, going for every rebound, finishing around the rim, wasn’t fumbling passes. The MVP of the game for me today goes to Ryan Wright.”

Yes, I saw that quote and posted about it on another thread. I thought it was the most honest assessment of a player from a player that I've seen in awhile. He is correct. Wright has been unable to handle passes and you could see throughout the season that his teammates wouldn't pass him the ball. If he improves in that area, he can help this team.

I thought it was the type of challenge that a "leader" might say. We all wanted WW to be a leader, right? In fairness, he also credited Wright's as the MVP

Back