Willie Warren you have to rebound better

Seymore Cox

Reaction score
No way around it. You need to be averaging 4 plus rebounds a game. You should never have one rebound. Now in fairness, alot of times, certain players are assigned to hit the boards. I don't know if that's the case with him. But if you look at the guards in the NBA that he is compared to, they all hit the boards. CP3 is a pro at getting a long rebound and pushing the ball down the floor. That's what I would like to see from WW.

hard to know. if you want to go "up tempo" the guards have to release when the shot goes up. maybe the off-side guy stays home for the long board.

I have seen some comparisions to D-Wade. I see D-Wade constantly getting rebounds. He has good size to be a better rebounder.

hard to know. if you want to go "up tempo" the guards have to release when the shot goes up. maybe the off-side guy stays home for the long board.

Best way to be uptempo is for the guy that pushes the ball to rebound it. Just ask Jason Kidd and Chris Paul.

Dirty I think you're right. 4-5 rebounds is not too much to ask. TMG went amongst the trees the other night to snag one. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

Yea. The one I was talking about stood out in my mind though. You're on point. My point was that if TMG can go get some rebounds. Willie can too. BOOMER SOONER BABY!!!

I hope Willie has few offensive rebounds because he will be making his shots when he drives in and getting back when someone else shoots. Defensively though, he needs to get at least 4 a game. Even the best teams only shoot about 60% from the floor. You can't let them get two shots at it with an offensive rebound.

Last edited:
Defensively, the PG generally has responsibilty for getting back first. So, I'm not as much concerned about him on the offensive boards as I am on the defensive ones.

Back