woot woot!!

coolm

Reaction score
doin' the happy dance!!

woot woot

:woot:woot:woot

Happy is good. But if this is the start of another political thread, I’ll ban everyone who participates in it.

Boulder went the extra mile, and then some, to give everyone a free reign for several months on Covid and political threads. You were told what would happen if you abused the rules of common decency, specifically personal insults and name calling. Some of you didn’t heed the numerous warnings, so you have no one to blame but yourselves those topics are no longer permitted here.

What I don’t understand is why anyone would continue to push the envelope and take a chance Boulder may say “enough is enough” at some point and close this site down for good. Are you really that determined to “have it your way” in the name of freedom of expression? Are you really that foolish as well as selfish?

This web site has never been, nor will it ever be a place to discuss politics and an assortment of off topics most of our members have no interest in. Last I checked, the O’Connell’s forum on OUInsider was still going strong. So, knock yourself out! If you can’t find the link I’ll be happy to post it for you.

This is a basketball board! The season will start soon.

fair enough. I was actually going to lighten it up by suggesting a new season was starting. I am actually in a very good mood. Received 2 emails this morning from Prof Bob Thurman at Columbia and Sir Roger Penrose at Cambridge. Thurman is Prof. Emeritus at Columbia and Director of the Tibet House of NYC (and Uma Thurman's dad). Penrose is a physics pen pal who just won the Nobel Peace Prize. After samatha meditation I was in a pretty jovial mood. But you can view it however you like.

fair enough. I was actually going to lighten it up by suggesting a new season was starting. I am actually in a very good mood. Received 2 emails this morning from Prof Bob Thurman at Columbia and Sir Roger Penrose at Cambridge. Thurman is Prof. Emeritus at Columbia and Director of the Tibet House of NYC (and Uma Thurman's dad). Penrose is a physics pen pal who just won the Nobel Peace Prize. After samatha meditation I was in a pretty jovial mood. But you can view it however you like.

I accept your explanation. The other threads seemed to be innocent enough at first, before they proved to be anything but “innocent.” So, I decided it would be best to call a cease fire on your thread before it went too far.

If I was wrong, I apologize. However, my apology does nothing to change my resolve to put an end to political and Covid threads, especially those that turn into an all out verbal war. I think nearly everyone here will agree that this web site is not a place for those topics. Those who don’t, may want to give the O’Connell’s forum a try.

I accept your explanation. The other threads seemed to be innocent enough at first, before they proved to be anything but “innocent.” So, I decided it would be best to call a cease fire on your thread before it went too far.

If I was wrong, I apologize. However, my apology does nothing to change my resolve to put an end to political and Covid threads, especially those that turn into an all out verbal war. I think nearly everyone here will agree that this web site is not a place for those topics. Those who don’t, may want to give the O’Connell’s forum a try.

we hafta learn to get along at some point.

https://youtu.be/njXZUH5hv0w

Last edited:
we hafta learn to get along at some point.

Absolutely! That’s why I’m determined to put an end to the verbal feud we have seen here in the past six to eight months.

OUHoops has always been a place of refuge, not just another battleground for political strife. If we can’t find a way to return to what we were once, I don’t want to be here.

Wayman's going to be busy cleaning up these messes.

I’m also in a good mood, nay a great mood. I don’t smoke weed tho. I’m high on Life!

Back