08-09 vs today

BigTime

The Red Wig
Reaction score
Which 5 would you take if you needed to win a national championship?

08-09: Austin Johnson Sr, Willie Warren Fr, Tony Crocker Jr, Taylor Griffin Sr, Blake Griffin So

Or

15-16: Cousins Sr, Woodard Jr, Buddy Sr, Spangler Sr, Lattin So

Would it change your opinion at all if I said Kruger could coach for both teams? :)

My five would be Woodard, Hield, Cousins, Blake and Spangler.

My team wins by 15 against everyone.

Good luck rebounding against those five.

Who are you playing?

The '09 Tar Heels were a lot better than any competition in the NCAA this season.

It's really close imo with Kruger coaching both. I am torn...

Agreed. It's an incredibly close call, but I think a guys like Austin Johnson and Willie Warren would have been so much better with Kruger as a coach. And Blake was the kind of talent that could single-handedly carry a team through a 6 game tournament.

I'd take the 2008/2009 with kruger as coach.

If I got to mix players I would have woodard, Hield, WW, Blake, Spangler

08-09 Probably, but its close.. If I had to mix it up I would take Austin Johnson Woodard Buddy Blake and Spangler.

Austin Johnson was so so underrated. The guy was long and athletic and could really do it all. Willie Warren is the tough one for me. I took Woodard over him just for another really good ball handler and defender.

You might trade out Spangler for Lattin because of the defensive skills he possesses. The rest of the team's offensive firepower speaks for itself.

If I could Mix and Match

Starters
AJ
Buddy
Jordan
Blake
Lattin (For Defense, Blake handles Low post scoring and majority of Rebounding)

2nd String
Cousins
Willie Warren
Crocker
Taylor Griffin
Spangler

Rest of Bench
Walker
Manyang
Buford

If I had to pick one to win with, 08-09 with Kruger as coach. Blake really was that much better, even considering how insane Buddy is Playing

Last edited:
no way im starting lattin over Spangler. You guys are crazy.

Blake, Lattin, ww, buddy, and cousins for me.

I think Spangler is a better player than Lattin but he plays the same position as Blake.

I think Spangler is a better player than Lattin but he plays the same position as Blake.

this would be my mix and match starting 5 as well

Give Kruger Blake and Buddy in their college primes and I don't think the rest of the "mix and match" would matter all that much.

Not in Kruger's offense he wouldn't.

Kruger wants a guy that can space the floor at the 4 spot, Lattin and Blake would both play the 5 for him.

Spangler would play the 4.

Not in Kruger's offense he wouldn't.

Kruger wants a guy that can space the floor at the 4 spot, Lattin and Blake would both play the 5 for him.

Spangler would play the 4.

but kruger also wants a shot blocker .. and blake is not that

08-09 Probably, but its close.. If I had to mix it up I would take Austin Johnson Woodard Buddy Blake and Spangler.

Austin Johnson was so so underrated. The guy was long and athletic and could really do it all. Willie Warren is the tough one for me. I took Woodard over him just for another really good ball handler and defender.

AJ over Cousins???

No effing way!

I think Cousins better at every aspect of game except FT shooting.

If I could Mix and Match

Starters
AJ
Buddy
Jordan
Blake
Lattin (For Defense, Blake handles Low post scoring and majority of Rebounding)

2nd String
Cousins
Willie Warren
Crocker
Taylor Griffin
Spangler

Rest of Bench
Walker
Longar
Buford

If I had to pick one to win with, 08-09 with Kruger as coach. Blake really was that much better, even considering how insane Buddy is Playing

Longar wasn't on the 2008-09 team. He graduated the year prior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but kruger also wants a shot blocker .. and blake is not that

We've gone without one before (Cam Clark's senior season, and last season, and Amath M'Baye wasn't much of one either).

Kruger would rather space the floor on offense than have a shot blocker on defense, and Ryan is better than Khadeem in that regard, so that's who you gotta go with.

Lattin would be incredible off the bench, though! :chestram2:

Back