#16 OU @ #17 osu 8pm CST on ESPN

I didn't think the Reaves turnover was that bad... Someone was supposed to cut, it got well defended, and he was going to get called for a walk.

Looked worse than it was. He got back and stopped a dunk as well

This is accurate but people won’t bother to acknowledge that. The Harkless decision on the prior possession was much worse, but no one will spend much time discussing it even though Harkless also played a bad offensive game in general. Reaves reminds me of Doo in a way. We had posters suggesting he wouldn’t even start for most teams in the league, even though he was an all conference player. I guess all our posters who have never played or coached beyond high school know far more about Reaves than the coaches and media members who will rightly make him first team all league.

Uh we went 1-1 without him and played our worst offensive game of the year. I guess the question is, do you remember? Also he didn’t have Covid but why would I expect you to let a little detail like that get in the way.
Oops sorry COVID police. He was in COVID protocol. My bad :ez-roll:

We are what we are
Solid but middle of the pack in the conference
Like much of the past 10 years

I think no differently of this team now than I did a month ago
Close wins/losses tend to even out

Exactly. The bipolar mindset in these game threads is enough to make me crazy!!!! LOL.... I think I'm gonna go back to the practice of avoiding them during games. So many overreactions and hot takes during the game. We are what our results say we are, and it's better than I predicted in the beginning....

Dude just chill. Yeah, Reaves is the worst player ever. You're right.. yay...??

It really has nothing to do with the best or the worst. Chances are if the offense passes the ball around enough and the players are not just standing there that the defense will eventually give you an open look. It worked for OSU. You take what the defense presents you for there is no reason to force shots unless the clock demands it.

Last edited:
I've been a Reaves critic but OU is basically nothing without him... OUs problems are still recruiting and putting a complete roster together. They have the skill and the guards, but have the achilles heel.

We have a significant weakness. Nobody inside. OU lit up the 3pt line tonight and still lost because OSU is good around the rim. Boone had a pretty easy 17/9 game. He didn't have to work very hard for that at all

In the first game Kur had 10/4 in 15 minutes... Including some huge dunks. He played 3 minutes tonight.

I would have liked to see Reaves, Gibson, Harkless, Manek, and Kur. Rotate Harmon at all 3 spots. Never saw it.

I've been a Reaves critic but OU is basically nothing without him... OUs problems are still recruiting and putting a complete roster together. They have the skill and the guards, but have the achilles heel.

We have a significant weakness. Nobody inside. OU lit up the 3pt line tonight and still lost because OSU is good around the rim. Boone had a pretty easy 17/9 game. He didn't have to work very hard for that at all

In the first game Kur had 10/4 in 15 minutes... Including some huge dunks. He played 3 minutes tonight.

I would have liked to see Reaves, Gibson, Harkless, Manek, and Kur. Rotate Harmon at all 3 spots. Never saw it.

You're not alone on this.

You're not alone on this.

And you guys would have been happy to live with it if/when they lit us up from three? We had six weeks to see how we guarded the perimeter with Kur and Brady playing together. And we have lots of people constantly point out that Brady can’t guard the four because he isn’t quick enough. If Brady hadn’t gotten off to such a good start, I’m sure Kur would have played more tonight, but Lon clearly was hoping Brady could score enough to overcome the beating that Boone gave us down low. If Brady had made a couple wide open threes in the second half, it probably would have worked out. We also reverted to poor rebounding in the second half after doing a great job of team rebounding before the break.

And you guys would have been happy to live with it if/when they lit us up from three? We had six weeks to see how we guarded the perimeter with Kur and Brady playing together. And we have lots of people constantly point out that Brady can’t guard the four because he isn’t quick enough. If Brady hadn’t gotten off to such a good start, I’m sure Kur would have played more tonight, but Lon clearly was hoping Brady could score enough to overcome the beating that Boone gave us down low. If Brady had made a couple wide open threes in the second half, it probably would have worked out. We also reverted to poor rebounding in the second half after doing a great job of team rebounding before the break.

If is a small word with big meaning. We know how effective they were, for it already happened, as opposed to might, could, maybe, perhaps, should, etc. I'm compelled to believe that the worst things are those which do happen as opposed to what possibly might occur. We don't know how they would have shot from further than a few feet away from the basket on multiple possessions precisely because they didn't have to.

If is a small word with big meaning. We know how effective they were, for it already happened, as opposed to might, could, maybe, perhaps, should, etc. I'm compelled to believe that the worst things are those which do happen as opposed to what possibly might occur. We don't know how they would have shot from further than a few feet away from the basket on multiple possessions precisely because they didn't have to.

Lol that’s a lot of words to basically admit that you are using hindsight. I don’t recall seeing you or many others call for a lineup with two bigs before the game or at any time over the past two months. As I said, we all know how the game thread would have read had we played two bigs. Complaints about our three point defense, groping about Brady’s inability to keep his man in front of him, and criticism of the offense we were sacrificing by having Harmon or Mo on the bench for long stretches.

Most of the poor rebounding was because they kept getting to the rim and getting Manek out of position. He played with a lot of heart, it is just a disadvantage for us. Even in the first half when he was hitting we basically broke even. I agree it could have worked out if he shot in the second half like he did in the first but that was asking a LOT of him.

Easy to second guess either way but I would have liked to try Kuath in there too down the stretch. Might have worked, might have been worse. I dunno.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol that’s a lot of words to basically admit that you are using hindsight. I don’t recall seeing you or many others call for a lineup with two bigs before the game or at any time over the past two months. As I said, we all know how the game thread would have read had we played two bigs. Complaints about our three point defense, groping about Brady’s inability to keep his man in front of him, and criticism of the offense we were sacrificing by having Harmon or Mo on the bench for long stretches.

You utilized "if" in your opening statement. I focused on what materialized.

You either believe preventing higher percentage shots is good practice or there's a better strategy.

Furthermore, if we have bigs, which are not the best at switching, then you perhaps run an actual zone defense where Gibson or Harkless, who are very quick at foot and hand, can man the center of the zone and they would just pick apart the dribble drives to the basket.

Last edited:

No one knows what might have occurred had we adjusted. They might have ripped 4 3s in a row. But I agree with you, I believe you have to adjust to what is hurting you most at the time and gamble on what might happen if you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It really has nothing to do with the best or the worst. Chances are if the offense passes the ball around enough and the players are not just standing there that the defense will eventually give you an open look. It worked for OSU. You take what the defense presents you for there is no reason to force shots unless the clock demands it.

No I'm on your side on that. But that other poster is now confirmed to be Simply a troll

Well, typical Kruger team unfortunately.

The good news going forward is I still don’t think Boyton can coach worth a damn, and they wasted one of their 3 assistant spots on one year of Cunningham.

Boyton reminds me of Capel. Good recruiter and below average coach.

Boyton reminds me of Capel. Good recruiter and below average coach.

And we are in a different boat, but the other boat swept us (I fully understand how close each game was).

Last edited:
if and buts...

We actually attacked their zone a few good times in Norman...in stillwater...NADA...maybe 1 or 2. I remember one Harkless got the ball in the high post but didn't do squat..just passed it back out. Needs to shoot it..or at least dribble to the rim then dish or shoot.

if and buts...

We actually attacked their zone a few good times in Norman...in stillwater...NADA...maybe 1 or 2. I remember one Harkless got the ball in the high post but didn't do squat..just passed it back out. Needs to shoot it..or at least dribble to the rim then dish or shoot.

Harkless is a strange cat for in some games he has no issue taking the shots you described, but in other contests he does the reverse.

Back